Friday we went to Dick's to buy Little Man some new shoes. He was in desperate need his New Balances that he loved were getting too small. We went to Dick's, (it happens to be one of his favorite stores) and he chose the shoes he wanted, these nice Adidas. They fit well. He was sure he could run faster in them, and they were on sale. I was happy, he was happy, we bought them in a whopping size 3. My kid totally has big feet, and he can thank my side of the family for that.
He wore them everywhere we went and was positively thrilled to have new shoes. And then Saturday Randy and I decided we needed to go get in another run this week. (That's right I started running this week! YAY ME!) The kids went into the YMCA child watch while we ran. They were excited to play, we were excited to work off all of the Holiday food we had been eating.
After our workout we went back to get the kids and Little Man discovered his shoes were gone. No where to be found. Randy I was irate. I was scouring everywhere sure that someone didn't walk off with my kids BRAND NEW shoes. Little Man was so sad, he hid them because he thought they were so cool and didn't want them to be stolen. And the YMCA lady was not-so-helpful. She finally promised to call everyone who was at the gym that day and see if by chance they took home our shoes. We found another pair of Adidas that had red stripes on them, but not the same shoes, and they looked like they had been ran over by a truck, dunked in mud, and chewed on by the dog. I have no idea if they were the shoes of the kid who took Little Man's shoes, but there was no mistaking. But seriously wouldn't you notice if your kid had on a brand new pair of shoes on that you didn't take them in? I would.
Tonight I am hoping that we get a call tomorrow telling us they have our shoes.. which I am not too hopeful on. Or that they really needed shoes and we are helping them out.
Lesson learned, by the cheapest most ghetto shoes you can find before going to the YMCA. Then when your kid has his shoes stolen it will be okay, because you paid $1. Don't take their new fancy kicks.
Tomorrow if we don't have them back I am going to do my job to stimulate the economy and go purchase yet another pair of shoes for my boy.



8 comments:
That is so awful! These days you can't have anything nice with out worrying that it will get stolen or damanged by someone. I am so sorry. I hope you get a call today.
That really stinks! I would've been mad too! I can't believe the lady there wasn't helpful either...I hope you get a call soon.
so incredibly irksome. I'm sorry. I hope your day and week gets better :)
Oh, that super stinks! Especially because he was so lovin' them! You have a good attitude about it though, as usual!
What a wouldn't give to go to lunch with you some day....wanna fly over?
You mean you need to buy 2 new pairs. The replacement pair and a crummy pair to wear to the YMCA. Sorry. That sucks.
Ugh! Dishonest thief-ish people make my head explode. My #3 had his new coat stolen at school the first week it was cold. I wonder if the offenders parent(s)ever say, " Wow, great find!" or something to that effect.
Seriously? What kind of parent doesn't notice the brand new shiny, clean shoes on their child's feet that they DID NOT have when they came in? Apparently the kind that is either blind, doesn't pay attention to detail, or the dishonest kind. Sad.
I hope you get that call. I'm sorry for Little Man, and for your wallet!
I've seen teenagers literally exchange their brand new clothes, so I wonder if that's the excuse dishonest kids use and the parents believe them and have no clue their kids stole those items.
Post a Comment