Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Four

Tonight I went for a walk. I have been taking nightly walks lately, normally with a neighbor. But tonight Randy had to go to Church for Young Men's which meant I wasn't going to get a walk. And then the kids wanted to take the dogs for a walk. I figured we would go out for a short walk. But it would be a walk nonetheless.

Off we went. And not even two blocks from home Little Miss falls and scrapes her knees. Thankfully we were by friends, they came to the rescue with band aids. I thought we might be doomed but they wanted to keep going. We walked.. and walked. I asked them how far they wanted to go. They responded super far. I wanted to get in a nice walk so I figured let's go. At worst I would end up with Little Miss on my back and a leash in my hand on the way home. An extra forty pounds would definitely help me burn calories. I kept checking in with them as we walked, and they cheerfully responded this is so fun! I was shocked. Especially since Little Miss can hardly make it through Target without being too tired to walk.

Little Man walked a dog the whole time. Little Miss and I traded off. She had never been allowed to walk one of our dogs before. They weigh twice what she does, it makes me nervous. But she did great. The kids were troopers. The dogs were well behaved and we made it four whole miles. It took longer than normal, but they made good speed. And they thanked me for the best walk ever and they want to go again, and again, and again.

No comments: