Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blessings

Sometimes.. okay.. MOST of the time life doesn't go as planned. The neat little box that we packaged our life in, in our mind is rarely the way life goes. We are thrown curve balls. Things change and we have to adjust and change our course to adapt to these new changes. I sit here in my parents basement and contemplate the changes in my life over the last several years. And while my life has not went as I planned. I am feeling immensely grateful tonight.

Moving to Indiana was hard. I missed my family and my home. But I met great friends. I had wonderful neighbors who became a part of my daily life. And we were so immensely blessed by the people we met there, and by the experiences our own little family had there. I had someone ask me why I thought we went there if we were just going to move again two years later. I don't have the answer. But I know it was the right thing for our family. I loved Randy before we went there. I have multiplied that by one million after living there. I didn't know it was possible. Our family benefited from it in ways I couldn't even imagine. And I see the many blessings. I met people I will always call a friend and I will always love there. I had one of the hardest battles with my health. And I learned. The Lord is always aware of us. Even when we feel invisible to Him, He knows what we need more than we do.

Moving away from Indiana is hard. I miss my friends. I miss my home. I miss my RANDY. I didn't know it would feel so hard moving away. But leaving people I love is always hard. I am grateful for the blessings we have had since moving. My breathing is like a million times better and improving daily. That is huge for me. My kids are grateful for a functional Mom again. I am grateful for going all day today without using my inhaler once. Randy will be joining us in twelve days. I cannot wait. And he isn't going back to Indiana. He has a job here! What a blessing for our family, to be together.

I have heard of trials and heartache so much lately. And I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves ME, and knows ME. He blesses me with what I need, even when I am sure I do not need it. He blesses me with trials that with Him I can do. And when I look at those who are suffering much harder trials I am reminded of the blessings I have. To be grateful for what I have and trust in Him. His plan is right. Even when it is hard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an awesome post! i am glad you are doing better here and we hope all will go well!

stalker sarah said...

hooray for you feeling better! but we still sure miss ya out here! i'm so glad things are going well for you guys! you deserve it! :):)

Amy said...

Washington huh? Well...it's a little closer than Indiana. HOORAY!! SOO happy for you guys. I'm glad it all worked out..for the BEST.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Yeah for a job! I was hoping it would be here.
Let me know when you are available for fun.

Lisa Christine said...

Welcome back :)

I loved this post.

MadMadameMim said...

great post, and can I just note how ironic it is that we are both going through this crazy stuff at the same time and ending up back in the same place. But I'm so happy we get to be together and support eachother and all. Yeah for crazy lives!

Carrie Snider said...

You always have such a clear perspective on life. You are blessed, but you are so worthy of those blessings Lee. :)