Sunday, January 29, 2006

Is it over yet?

Somedays Church is just so much fun! And then there are the days, well that we wonder why go, what is the point, and wouldn't it be easier to be home and let them nap? Today was one of those days. Normally my husband is helping my wrestle my children through Sacrament Meeting, but today I was all alone. My dear husband was on an airplane gone for the next two weeks, but that is another story.
The kids were quite sad that Daddy had left today, and had shed some tears wanting to go back and get him. How awful for Mommy to leave him!! So back to the point. We are leaving and my sweet baby girl 2 1/2 wants to bring her My Little Pony Jewelry Box that plays music, I figure sure as long as we don't take it in. Normally she is VERY reasonable about that, notice I say normally! Today we arrive at Church and I had to pry it out of her hand, and get her out of the car screaming bloody murder. She cried for 10 minutes after we got there. Thankfully we were early.. How I don't know, but we were! We get into the Chapel and my little man chooses the perfect spot for us. We sit down and the next thing that happens is his container of cereal is everywhere, I am talking serious explosion of Trix. It is okay, this kind of stuff happens to everyone right? So we are picking it up and I am thinking, I think we are done bringing snacks to Church, or we will be soon!
Opening song has started all is well, I think okay we can do this. There are just two of them, and one of me, it will be okay. Slow steady breaths, you can do this!! Little man needs to go potty, he is 4 and we have been allowing him to go alone lately and he has done very good, so I send him on his way, I know he will be back in a jiffy! Not to worry right? I see him pop his head in the door and then turn around and jet back out, so I decide he thinks because it is just Mom today he can go out and play, so I better go get him and bring him back. I dart out in the hall with my baby girl in hand and look for him. Nowhere is he to be seen. I figure he has went into the bathroom, I check the Women's it is empty, I look for a man to go into the Men's, but can't find one anywhere, so finally open the door, yell in and announce I am coming in. Thankfully no old men were in there, but neither was my little man. I look in a few more places I am sure he will be, and nothing. I am starting to get a little anxious, and I see a few people and ask them if they have seen him, each time I am told no. I start to panic.. I look in every room, and pop my head into the Chapel several times seeing if he has returned to his seat. Our Church has the hall that is endless so you can go around and around and around, so I was wondering if I was just missing him. I have six people helping me, and I run outside search the parking lot, mind you it is a cold day with a rain/snow mix today. Outside I realize I can't find him, and I break down and just cry, and yell for him. The fear of losing my little man. I decide I will look around the building once more, then it will be time to go in tell the Bishop he is missing and we really need to start a search, I am thinking Amber Alert and everything. I am seriously panicking how I am going to deal with this, my husband is out of town for hours and I lose our son? What kind of Mom am I? This has taken 15 minutes or so, but it seems like an eternity.
I go in determined to look all over one more time, and a friend grabs me and tells me they found him. He went in the other door shortly after I went out and was sitting with one of his good friends and their family. They were just happy to help out, had no idea I was going crazy looking for my boy. I was so relieved and felt so blessed that I found him.
Tonight when I tucked my kids into bed, I was grateful for their safety, and that I could be their Mommy! And I was so glad today when it was over. Hopefully next week will be better, it can't be worse right?

5 comments:

emlouisa said...

Yikes! Glad he was safe though! Good luck with dh gone!

Misty said...

Scary! Glad he turned back up!

Alicia said...

I would have totally lost it. I panic quickly. Welcome to blog-dom.

ShelahBooksIt said...

scary! I hate it when I have to do church without the tag-team effort.

Rachelle said...

Welcome to the blog world! Glad your boy turned up safe and sound!