Thursday, September 14, 2006

He Hears Us

My Dad had to go to the cardiologist today, out of town. He was told to go prepared to stay a week, they had found a restriction in his heart. My Mom, little sister who is 9, and my Dad went worried he was going to have open heart surgery. He had been having pains and just not feeling well.

We knew he was going up today so all of my family fasted for him today in hopes that things would go well. I am happy to report that our prayers were heard! My Mom the cute woman she is was talking to me while they were doing the Heart Cath and said oh, he is done, they are wheeling him out and he is still alive! Not that she expected him to die, but hey he is still alive! And the even better news is that he has a kinked artery in his heart which we have known about but it isn't causing any problems and things are okay. No need for surgery, no need for angioplasty, none of it. He is okay and was able to come home today.

When my Mom told me that tears came to my eyes. I was overcome with joy knowing my Dad would be okay. There had been some fear among the family of what would happen if he had to have open heart surgery. We know that people have had open heart and come through just fine, my nine year old sister is one of those people. But it is still scary. The thought of losing my Dad was scary, more scary than I thought it would be. It has been an emotional week for all of us, so to know that he is okay, I know that my Heavenly Father heard our prayers. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who answers prayers and pleas of His children. I know He hears us, and He is so aware of us.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh man, I am SO happy to read that he is o.k.!! I've been thinking about you this week and checking your blog to see if there was news. See you soon...

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that he is okay!!!!! I'm glad he's doing well. Keep us posted, Lee!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear he's okay! Thank goodness for Heavenly Father and answered prayers!

-Tanya