Sunday, September 17, 2006

He is Growing Up!!

Little Man is growing up way too quickly. He is becoming more independent. I am so proud of him, but I wonder where my little boy has went, how did he get so big?

His newest feat is he is now riding his back without training wheels. This summer Grandpa had attempted to help him, and he did great for his first try, (like 20 feet) and then he took an unfortunate crash into the rose bushes and ended up with a thorn in his hand. He was not happy. Thursday night Randy took the training wheels off and we bribed him with a trip to Dairy Queen and he decided he could try it. It took a little work with Randy running and pushing him, and then he got it!
Every minute he gets he is outside on his bike riding. The "big" kids in the neighborhood that he adores have all been congratulating him, and helping him up when he falls. I am proud to report that we have had some crashes, but we haven't had any blood! Every time he crashes he says I am okay, no blood! He is steering a little better and in just a few days he has come a long way! I am so proud!! How did this happen? When did he become so big?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunrise, Sunset *sniff sniff*

How wonderful for your Little Man, and how bitersweet for momma!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

riding a big boy bike! it's a rite of passage!

many congrats to him...

lei

Elozia Marie said...

Wow, what a cute little bike rider! I think my ds would be all for the no-training wheels, but I'm NOT!

I hope the dairy queen treats were YUMMY!

Jenn said...

Wow! What a big guy! Looks like fun. :)