Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things to be grateful for

I had a post written and published, and then I deleted it. It was sad and crappy. And I don't want to be sad and crappy. So I decided I should be grateful.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Good friends who love me even when I am emotional, and are always there for me. And let me know it is okay to have a hard day.
  • My kids happiness this morning before going to school, they were delightful.
  • Randy working so hard to provide for us.
  • All of my pictures through 2004 in an album.
  • That is has been snowing ALL.DAY.LONG. Seriously does it get any better?
  • My Dad and all he goes though.
  • My Mom for all she handles so strongly.

9 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

There is something magical about a snowy day. Glad you are enjoying yours :)

Allison said...

I read the sad and crappy one before you deleted it. I miss you, too. You're doing great and having off days are just part of the overall equation.....they are what make the good days feel like GREAT days. But I'm also glad you changed your post and, in true Lee fashion, expressed your gratitude. It is so much more you to see the light instead of persisting in the dark. I've always loved you for that.

To Kelly and Beth, you don't know me, but thanks for being such great friends to Lee. I miss her, but I know she's happy to be there and have you.

Oh, good luck with "the conversation" tonight! Let me know how it goes? I'm sure it'll be great!

Barney Family said...

I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I say hope because we all might freeze to death here in Indiana. I hope I don't need my food storage or I will be in need of great friends and will be headed over to your house. No, You have a great spirit and your enthusiasm for life is contagious. Always remember that you have great friends here anytime.

Kellie

BradandMelanie said...

I know the feeling of trying to find your place - but I am glad that you are being grateful. You are a good example for me on days when I am feeling sad and crappy :)

Beth said...

I was happy about the snowy day too. I mean if it's freezing cold, there might as well be snow. But something tells me I won't be missing it come Saturday at about 11:30a pst. hehe.

MadMadameMim said...

I'm glad you have good friends, and I'm glad to be one of them. On days when you are down I love how you look for ways to get back where you belong. No matter how bad things get you refuse to stay down for long. And on the bright side there is always unintentional drama to spice things up :).
Have a Beautifical day!

amanda said...

Okay, you're not supposed to have bad days because it is your job to cheer me up on mine:) No really you always call and make me feel so much better when I am having a bad day. I didn't know you were having a bad day on Wed. and I should have been a good friend and called you. Sorry!!
If ever you need a little GNO, I am always up for it:)

tharker said...

I really think that nothing can turn around sadness better than a little bit of gratitude. You are such a good example!

And for the record, it is perfectly okay for you to feel sad and crappy from time to time!

Smith Party of Five said...

I had no idea it was a bad day! You should call and chat about it. Plus, I'm always good for a lunch out or 2 spoons and a tub of ice cream. And don't take that the wrong way! I just finished my week 1 of the couch potato thing! Gotta celebrate by putting those calories right back on!! you with me?
-Ana