Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Luckiest..

I was 8 when I last remember really begging my Mom for a sister. I begged for a little sister, and then I realize my Mom was 40. I guess I realized then that I was destined to be that baby. And I lived it up! I took advantage of every minute of being the baby in the family. I milked it for all it was worth. And then when I was 16 my spot was revoked. Although I still declare myself the baby, and my sister the itty-bitty. I have yet to completely realize that I am not the baby of the family.

Did you know I am the luckiest? Because I am. This girl is the best sister any sister could wish for. I have always had friends talk about their sisters, and the sweet relationships they have. I envied them. I wished for that relationship. It only took sixteen years, but I prayed for a sister for many years. And finally when I resolved that my Mom was too old I quit. But my heart never quit wishing. Good thing too!
This girl is turning 13 next month. I wish I was able to celebrate it with her. But this will be arriving at her house for her bedroom. A sister. A blessing. A best friend. A sister. I am the luckiest. And my kids feel they are the luckiest having an Aunt who calls them daily just to tell them they love them.

4 comments:

amanda said...

I think she is very lucky to have you!! What a cute present. She'll love it.

Lisa Christine said...

What a sweet post. Everyone should have a sister, I agree :)

scott & ashley said...

That's so sweet!

Allison said...

So cute. Sisters are definitely one of life's sweetest blessings.