Yesterday both of my kids started Pre-School. Little Miss goes to one from the School District because of her speech delay. And Little Man goes to one that a great lady in our ward does. Lucky him there are 6 boys in it!! Want to know what I forgot though? I am embarrassed to admit it, but their first day of school pictures! How did I do that? So I will take their 2nd day of school pictures and call it good.
I didn't want to send Little Miss this year, she is only three and my baby. But with her speech delay I knew she needed help so I sent her. Little Man has been looking forward to it all summer and since he is going to be 5 soon it was a little easier for me. I almost cried when I dropped her off yesterday. I had tears in my eyes and thought wow, I am really going to leave her? She looked a little confused but excited. Little Man was off and running saying Bye Mom, go home!! So I left all by myself, no kids with me. It was weird and I was a little sad. They are my life!
I contemplated what to do, and finally decided the Mall was calling my name. I mean who doesn't want to go there without kids and get to shop and browse all by themselves!! I wandered around and finally decided since I was alone I could try some stuff on. I needed some jeans, especially after the bleaching accident in April. I have been looking for some for a while but have had a hard time finding some long enough, (36-37 Inseam) And that are the ghetto low butt crack showing jeans. Those happen to show all of the pretty stripes my tummy has thanks to the kiddos. Seriously who wears these jeans with the one inch zipper? Maybe that is why we see all of these girls thongs showing. Yuck! Anyway... I can never find ones that fit my straight boy like hips either. And I hate when you try on jeans and get the pancake butt, you know kinda like the uni-boob from the sports bra. So yesterday being all alone, the Heavens opened and showed me the way to the chosen jeans. They rock, and I feel like I look smokin' in them. Very rarely do I find clothes that I really LOVE. They are the perfect rise, low but not butt crack low. They don't give me the muffin top squish, my butt is not pancaked in them. They are long enough and I am thrilled. But wait it gets better! I found two pair that fit me. Two different styles both with one pair in my size. It was a sign I had to get them. So happily I bought myself two new pair of jeans. I had a little guilt, but after the bleaching incident I only had one pair!! And fall is rapidly approaching.
Then I learned from the mall to my Little Miss' PreSchool was only nine minutes. That is crucial information. I picked her up and she was all smiles and told me preschool was fun. She loved the toys and the snack. She was beaming. So maybe her going isn't such a bad idea. They said she was excited the whole time. Made me a little sad, but I thought I think I might like this two hour break twice a week. Then we got Little Man who was so excited to have spent so much time with all of his friends, and NO GIRLS! He came home with a rocket and is ready to go back again! They are loving it and it is all they talk about. I think I like this. I can't believe they are this old, or that I am that old, hello 26 and my kids are both gone for a few hours a day? I thought I had to be 30+ to have that happen. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Congrats on the 2 hour alone time! Koby's in preschool, too, and I still have Ryan with me, but there's a feeling of *freedom*, too! LOL!!
Oh, it's so hard to let them go!
I think you need a standing date with the mall each week now. Congrats on the great jeans!
LOL I know the bittersweet feeling that is school! I think it's fabulous that you took some time for you and that you found awesome jeans! SCORE!
You know you can't rave about the jeans without telling me the brand, woman!
YAY for time by yourself! It'll be a few years before I know what that feels like...
My jeans I got at Buckle, the BKE and Lucky's. They are HOT!
i broke down and bought 2 pair the other month- good long jeans are hard to come buy- and the moments to shop for them snas kids even harder
Sounds like you had some fun getting your new jeans!I agree it is hard finding long leged jeans!
I have to get a new pair soon also!
Post a Comment