Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Urgent Care!

Today while enjoying my chill time with both kids at preschool I get a phone call.

Nurse: Hello Mrs N, this is Ruth from the Preschool, I am the school nurse. Your daughter Little Miss hit her head and I think she should go to the doctor.
Me:(Thinking, she hits her head a lot, she always gets a goose egg, I will look at it though.) What I said: Okay.
Nurse: I am thinking she might need stitches.
Me:(Again thinking, umm that isn't just hit in the head now is it??) Oh a cut, I will be there right away.
Nurse: We were hoping you would come and get her.

So I get in the car and I am thinking oh crap, now she has a cut on her pretty little face, and stitches on it. Darnit, hopefully it won't be too noticeable. I call Randy and we chuckle, our kids are dare devils, this will be the third trip to urgent care, so we find a little humor. I get there and she is laying down with an ice pack and I realize it is on the back of her head. *sigh of relief here*. Apparently she fell off of the swing, and they showed me the split in the back of her head. (I need to ask a few more details, I saw her head and we kind of jetted out of there.) I was like YOU THINK she needs stitches? They were good and calm, so was I but I had NO DOUBT she would need stitches. So off we go to get Little Man from school because I couldn't get a hold of anyone to pick him up, and then to urgent care. Thankfully I got a hold of my Mom to meet me there so she could take Little Man to her house.

We get there and we wait. Don't you love that, bleeding kid and I have to wait, but whatever. I was a little worried she seemed a little tired, but I was like I am sure she is fine. The poor kid has whacked her head enough times and been just fine, this one should be the same right? Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long. My Mom and Little Man hung out, he wanted to watch. He remembered his stitches and was telling her how brave he was and how it would all be okay. Way to go Little Man!! But he was getting a little wild so he decided it was okay to leave with Grandma so he could get some ice cream.

The doctor came in looked at it and said, well we can tie her hair shut and glue it, but we will have to cut the glue out so we'll have to cut some of the hair short, but it won't be traumatic or painful. I am sure I had a horrified look on my face, her hair is finally getting long and so pretty!! He said or we can do stitches, but it might be traumatic for her. I asked which is better, he said stitches, and I said she is tough stitches it is. Like I wanted to let them cut her hair!!! He asked if I was sure, and I said yeah she is tough. She hadn't even whimpered since I picked her up. So he thought for a minute and said if she is really that tough let's staple it, it will be done quickly and it will be neat and it will be okay. I said you are the doctor go ahead. So he did. I am pleased to say my daughter did not cry, my three year old Little Miss said Ow, not nice, in a little voice. She shook her head when it was done, and we left happily with a yellow sucker and two staples in the back of her head. I was so proud of her, and she has informed everyone her head is all better the doctor fixed it. She is a brave little girl!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Poor girl! Glad it wasn't too bad an experience for her, and she's all fixed up, though!

QueenMeadow said...

You are right, she is a tough little girl! I'm impressed :) and I'm so happy that all is well for her and you.

Unknown said...

awww what a sweetie! And definately tough! Seriously our kids HAVE to get together. LOL

Anonymous said...

dude. even i'd cry with staples in the back of my head!!!

Dixie Chic said...

YAY for brave little girls! :) Wow. What a trooper! I'm glad she's okay! :)

Lei said...

Boy is she ever tough! Yay for that!