Sorry it has been two weeks, that is a little long! Life has been busy!
This weekend I took a time out. Time out from being the Mom, wife, and the house. I did it with two great ladies! Alli from my previous trip and Kim. (She doesn't have a blog, bummer!) The three of us (AKA Charlie's Angel's) had an awesome time!
We had quite the adventure, we left Friday afternoon and about two hours into the drive I realized I left our tickets for Time Out For Women at home on the fridge. I about cried right then and there. I quickly found the quickest exit and turned around to drive back. I called my Dad, the great guy that he is, he agreed to meet me with them somewhere along the way. I still felt like a complete idiot and so I called a friend and then decided to call Deseret Book. I had only driven 15-20 mil
es by then and I found out I didn't need the tickets after all they could look up the information. *phew* So back on the road. We still made it in good time and we went to Ikea. Alli had been there so she knew the ropes, but Kim and I were Ikea Virgins! It was great!! We had so much fun and there was so much great stuff there, I am definitely going back and I am going to be spending a lot of money the next time. So after staying until 15-20 minutes past closing and having them threaten to have us spend the night we were on our way to the hotel.
Normally I have a great sense of direction, I don't get lost easily and can find where I am going. This trip was not the case. I seriously wanted to cry after a little while I felt like an idiot once again. Thankfully I can laugh in these situations and blow it off, for the most part. Finally at 11:00 PM we found our hotel. We got settled in and decided it was a great time for a photo op. Finally a chance to get the Charlie's Angels in a picture. I think we finally got to bed close to 1:00 AM.
Being neurotic like I am and liking to be on time, and if at all possible really early so I can be up close and personal we got up at 6A
M. Yes that is right, no kids, no hubby, out of town and up at 6AM so we can be among the first people there. (I blame this on my Dad, we used to get to Stake Conference 2 hours early when I was a kid so we could be in the first five rows of the Chapel. I swore I would never do that, and I lied I have already done that to my kids, okay not 2 hours, just 1.) We arrived at 7AM at the building there was no one there and no where to park and we were like wow.. I guess I was a little early. But I was really confused why no one else was there. After sitting there and waiting we finally realized we were at the wrong building. Yeah so 7:3o we get to the right building with a whole bunch of other crazy LDS Women who need to be in the first five rows also. It started at 9 so we were still early!! We waited, got our tickets, it was so easy to do!! And then we were standing there and realized it was Mary Ellen Edmunds in front of us so we talked to her, got our picture with her and had a great time. She is hilarious!! Love her!!
Finally the doors open and we get in and get seats. Guess where we were? That is right row 5. My world was okay we were close and it was great. So we had time to look at books that were being sold and just relax.
The day was great. We were spiritually fed and uplifted. I felt like I could go back to my life go back to being the Mom and do a better job. I had great friends that I was able to bond with more. They are wonderfully and great cheerleaders! It was nice to feel like I am not the only one going through the struggles on life, of being a woman, a mother, a wife, and a good LDS woman while I am at it. This week has been easier, I had a chance to renew my Spirit, to be encouraged. I have two great friends I shared this weekend with. We talked for hours and I came away loving and respecting them so much. I don't feel like the judge me. I am okay to be me, and they still love me. You don't find great friends like that too often. So thanks girls!
If you get a chance to go to a Time Out For Women, Couples or Women and Daughters I suggest you go.



6 comments:
Lee that looks like so much fun! I'd love to go to that, I'm glad you had such a good time. btw i'm totally lol about sitting in the first 5 rows and getting up soo early!
Sounds like a lot of fun!! I've heard those are great, but I've never been.
Sounds like you had a great time!
I've heard of them, but I've never gone to any. Is it just in SL? Or do they do them other places? It would be a 5 hour drive for me to go, and no one to go with. :p It looks like you had a blast! And the "slumber party" looks like it was fun, too! LOL!
I wanna go!! I'm so glad you had a great time!
lol at how early you left. glad you had fun.
Post a Comment