As I have previously admitted I watch the Tyra Show. I saw her show last week and it rocked. I am participating in her SO WHAT campaign, and I am challenging everyone to do it.
So here is my So What.
I weigh 160lbs, so what! I am not fat, I am not model thin but I am not fat. My stomach has so many stretch marks it is like a Shar-Pei, So What! I have two great kids to show for it!
I think there is so much pressure to look a certain way it will destroy us as women. We need to unite say So What! and embrace who we are. We are women, we are mothers we are daughters of God. It is huge for me to post my weight on here. Anyone who knows me knows that. I have issues with it. But I can eat whatever I want and stay at this weight, I have for most of 7 years minus the pregnancy times. It is time to get over it and say so what! I am freaking six foot tall. I don't have the stomach I once had, but I have something much better, the most precious kids in the world.
Join me in this! Leave your link, and post about what your So What is, I want to hear it!
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I loved the post, AND thank you for the compliment!
I haven't been able to read your blog for a while, but it made me cry. I feel the same way about my kids, and I'm learing to love my tummy jello, too. Thanks for reminding me that it's OKAY to not look like Barbie.
Hey, Lee!! Thanks for the reminder to stand proud in my womanhood, jello stomach and all
Great post! I think there is a fine line between caring for yourself and becoming obsessed with how you look. Usually the ones who are obsessed like to show off for other people. JMO. Thanks for a great reminder that we can be happy in our bodies no matter how the jiggle :)
This goes so well with what we were thinking for Woman to Woman this week Lee! You should link back to it in your post!!!
Post a Comment