I read Tiffani's blog on imaginary friends and it made me chuckle. It also prompted my post on my kids.
Little Miss and Little Man both have imaginary cats and dogs. Little Man has Chucky, Bucky, Banana Split, Sage, and Izzy for his dogs and a few cats, Cinderella and Dusty. Little Miss has 100 dogs and 100 cats, not to be out done by her older brother. Hers are named similar to Little Man's and then she runs out of names. Imagine that! Little Man feeds and cares for all of his animals in his room, and Bucky was the original Yellow Lab he started out with who always went everywhere. Bucky has been a good dog, he doesn't do naughty things. He is polite, and eats quietly. We have yet to have any problems with any of Little Man's pets.
Little Miss' dogs and cats are another story. They are destructive. They don't seem to understand the rules of my home. I made pumpkin pie on Sunday, (I made the crust and everything!! I always just buy my pie!!) And I had it cooling, I had made two of these wonderful pies. And we had our neighbors coming to join us when I go and look at these beautiful pies to find two big hand prints in each pie and the pumpkin missing from those spots. Knowing Little Miss was the guilty culprit I asked her if she put her hands in the pie, to which she quickly responded with her guilty look, My dogs and cats did it. Not me. I asked her again if she was sure she didn't do it and she assured me it was her dogs and cats, not her. Little Miss lies as well as I do.. she can't lie. It is OBVIOUS. She went to her room to wait until she could tell the truth. Those darn dogs and cats are who do everything naughty around here. It cracks me up when she isn't looking. She came back later and I asked her again who put their hands in the pie and she looked so sheepish and said me. Sorry Mom. We talked about honesty and then ate our pie. Our neighbors didn't mind the hand prints of Little Miss and giggled with us about her and those darn animals.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Those pesky pets! That is such a funny story Lee! I can just see her big ol' blue eyes when she says "not me, it was my dogs and cats". Too funny...that is when she's not looking ; )
That's so cute! Only one of my kids has had an imaginary friend. He had two: Nice Nightmare, and the Scary Nose. Nice Nightmare was, well, nice, but the Scary Nose was eeevvviiill.
This was a great post to remind me of a funny thing Em used to do. When she was small she had an imaginary mom and dad. Their names were Glinn and Seesoma who lived in 'Calyforneea' It was really hilarious. She was so serious about it too. I just loved that memory...thanks for bringing it up! Kids are so much fun! So cute that her animals did it. Jason's body parts used to make him do things. He didn't hit--his hand did it, but not him.
That's funny! I think that you just gave me a great solution to my kids wanting a pet...I'll tell them to come up with an imaginary one and maybe we'll all be happy :) Sorry about your pies, that stinks!
Post a Comment