Monday, March 16, 2009

Ready for Spring

I am so ready for Spring. I am ready for the sun to be shining. For the birds to be singing. For flowers to be blooming. For the grass to be green. I want Spring!!

I am getting ready for Spring. I ordered a ton of new plants from Spring Hill Nursery and they will come in about five to six weeks. Scott's lawn service just left after putting a nice treatment on my yard, it will be green and lush this year. And I am dreaming of sitting on my porch enjoying my yard while reading a book and drinking some lemonade. That is the life.

Unfortunately when you look at my yard it is currently a mess. The grass is horrible looking. But it should perk up soon. My flower beds have holes in them. I was asked last week if we had gofer's. Umm.. nope just really big labs. Currently I am looking for ways to stop them from digging in my flower beds. Love the dogs.. hate the digging. And the pee circles are enough to drive me batty. We heard tomato juice helps to balance their ph.. we are trying it. They get tomato juice everyday.

And hopefully in May my yard will start to look like what I am envisioning with beautiful flowers. A lush yard. And Spring will be on in full fledge. I am so ready for it.

5 comments:

tharker said...

I hear ya! Spring cannot come fast enough for me either!!

Our yard looks like a dump right now with all the icky winter blahs. Hopefully within the next few weeks, it will be nice enough to really get out there and make the yard pretty again.

Rachel said...

I am right there with ya. Cannot wait!!!!

Sandy said...

We were sitting out front yesterday and I too noticed how sad the lawn was looking. I keep checking my bulbs but so far no pretty blooms. Where are you spring time?

If you line your flower beds with chicken wire (just under the top layer) that should help keep the animals from digging.

hatch said...

Let me know if the tomato juice works. This spring will be the test for our dog.

MadMadameMim said...

So I guess spring is on it's way here too, since the pond in my back yard has grown into a full blown lake and all my neighbors basements are flooding. But your version sounds good too. Let me know how the flowers turn out :).