I turned 30 this year. I have often heard that 30 is the best age because you really know who you are or you start to. And I am totally getting it. And I am coming to get me and all that that embodies and I like it. I like me. Maybe that sounds conceited. It’s not meant to. I think there is something to be said about being okay with yourself and who you are. I realize that I am this crazy, happy, silly, bustin’ a move whenever I want to no matter who might be watching girl. And my moves.. well they are so 1996. But I am cool like that.
I have to give thanks to Misty for this picture of me. We were talking about this picture and it is totally me. Even the double chin I get when I laugh. It’s glamorous. :) That girl you see, minus the big orange bag, is who I am all the time. This is me downtown Seattle (I was there for WPPI road trip) shortly after I was bustin’ a move and then realizing that I was being watched by people inside a restaurant who were laughing at me. It’s all good. They are totally wondering where I got my crazy dance moves. I am going to say it was from all of the Stake Dances I went to as a kid. I totally passed the deacon two step and moved on to crazier moves.
So far I am totally digging 30. I am okay with all the crazy things about me. I talk fast and a lot. I giggle when I probably should cry because I hate to cry. I cry over stupid things like a Hallmark commercial and my husband laughs and looks at me and says really?? I pick up catchy phrases from fabulous friends.. (I know.. right?) My husband can always tell who I have been around by how I talk. I am quirky and goofy and not afraid to make a fool of myself. I trip when I walk.. and fall when I shouldn’t. And it’s okay. Because it’s me.
And right now I am in the most fantastic stage of life. My kids are super duper fun. They make me laugh all of the time. My husband. *sigh* He is my best friend and he makes me laugh harder than anyone. My business is growing. I am learning. And I am so so so grateful for all of my blessings from my Heavenly Father.



7 comments:
I love it. You're gorgeous!
I LOVE it! What a great photo! And what a great post! I think you're pretty awesome, too! :) So I'm glad you are happy with YOU! You should be! Miss you!
The 30's really are the greatest age (said from someone who's living it and loving it...will I say the same about the 40s?)
So glad you are enjoying 30. You should most definitely celebrate who YOU are, because you're pretty fabulous!
Love this picture. It is you to a T.
What a great picture of you! Love you tons!
Love the picture and the post. It is a great thing to finally feel like you are settling into your own and happy with all the bits of yourself. Congrats! Now you see what we've all known for years-you're fabulous! :)
That is a fabulous photo! I love your sense of style.
(I'm enjoying 30 too, by the way :) )
Told you you'd love 30! This is maybe my favorite picture of you for all the reasons you outlined. So great, so you!
And DANG, girl...i LOVE those shoes!
Post a Comment