Thursday, September 09, 2010

Way behind

So we bought a house.  And I was going to go back and blog so it was all in the right order.. but I don't have time for that.  I can't be living in the past pretending it is the now.  So you will get random stuff in whatever order I remember it.  And that is awesome right?  Because I am random.

Here goes.. We bought a house.  Oh wait I said that already.  And it needed some updating.  Or a LOT of updating.  It all depends on who you ask.  If you ask me.. a lot.  Randy.. a little.  I was right.  He was wrong.  Anyway.  We bought a house on 1/2 an acre because we wanted room.  I love the yard and the location.

Five days after moving into said house the fridge that was left in the house (AKA Demon Fridge) decided to shoot water out of it for a very long time while I was gone.  Awesome right?  I came home to two inches of water in my kitchen and dining room, and water leaking into the basement.  I kinda panicked.  In case you have forgotten I am SERIOUSLY allergic to mold.  (Remember Indiana)  I kind of freaked out.. a lot.  It was awesome.  I called our lovely insurance company and they came out and they dried it out and pulled apart some things, but the water damage to my kitchen was extensive.  I will be honest I cheered.  My floors are a beautiful (ha!) hunter green linoleum and my cabinets are oak and my counters are mint green, with fabulous almond appliances.  Jealous?  You should be.  Want to know why?  It was all ruined in the flood.  My insurance is giving me a brand new kitchen.  Someone up in heaven loves me and didn't want me to have such a hideous kitchen for long.  Okay so the appliances weren't ruined but they are gross so I am getting new ones.  But while we wait for this all to happen and everything to be done I am kind of living in chaos.  We are on week 3 since it happened, and we have at least 4-5 more weeks until it is all done.  Until then it is chaos with my house in shambles and under construction.

More good news.. the water went under my bathroom flooring which is hideous.  So it is all coming up.  And I will end up with three new bathrooms on top of the kitchen and dining room.  These are all projects we knew we needed to do, but weren't planning on doing them all in the first month.  But we are going to do everything my way.. hyper speed.

The kids love the house.  It is growing on me.  I will be honest it wasn't the house I was in love with.  I wanted to build.  Randy thought this was a better idea.. less work.  I am still giggling over that one.  But it will be fabulous once everything is done and the yard and the location make me very happy.  And no, I am not posting pictures.  Not until things are done.  Then you can see how bad it really was and how awesome it really is.  (Or will be) But I did take before pics.  And if you are local and don't believe me.. come on over and see for yourself.. like now.  I promise I am telling the truth.

2 comments:

stalker sarah said...

I can't wait to see before and after photos!!! I know it's going to be AMAZING! Miss you!

Jen said...

At least it wasn't sewer water...we did that earlier this spring. Cool about the whole new kitchen and bathrooms though. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics when it's all done!