Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Look at Me, I'm Helping!!

Look at Me Mommy, I'm helping Little Princess!! (Okay he said her name but you get the point.) This was yesterday, and since I was tired, and still not feeling 100% from my surgery I said, huh, where's the camera? I think this is blog worthy.

I was quite proud of myself, you see remember my commitment I had for myself? Yeah the no yelling thing. I did really really good until we moved into our house. And then slowly, I started slipping, and was shorter than normal, and then I started yelling some. Normally it is the STOP IT! DON'T DO THAT! I said NO!
Yeah, I know I win Mom of the Year. So I am trying once again to do better. Hopefully I will be more successful. This Mom stuff is hard!

So when I didn't yell, get upset, or frustrated and I reached for the camera I thought, hey, this is progress.

So Little Man helped Little Princess climb on top of the fireplace and they say there for quite a while just chilling and watching TV. And as you can see Little Man was doing some crazy posing.

You know what is really amazing to me though, and I am learning.. Slowly learning. I ignored a lot of it, let them do their thing. And today they haven't even given it a second thought. Woo Hoo, ignoring some stuff does work!!

Oooopps, I think I spoke to soon. Just as I am finishing this what do I see? My kids climbing up there again.. Oh well they are little monkeys, and really does it matter? Probably not, I would have done it if I was a kid, so who can blame them!

Edit: The adventure is getting even better. Did you know that a dog bed makes a great landing spot for children jumping off of fireplace? Well it does, and it allows them to be wild and crazy and not break a thing. Great eh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so would have done that when I was a kid. I can see my little guy doing it soon.

Anonymous said...

ok i love your kids that is flippin awesome! I so would have done that. When babysitting with a friend, we were at a house that had a stairway that had a turn in it and we would jump from the top floor, by the railing down to the first landing. lol.

emlouisa said...

Hilarious!!!! How funny are they.

Misty said...

hehe, you're doing great! WTG!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

we have a wrap-around ledge in our family room. same problem as your fireplace. but how cute is it that he helped her up?