Hug your Mom, let her know how much you love her! Let her know how much she means to you and that you are grateful to have such a wonderful person in your life.
Yesterday I went with my parents to a funeral of a dear friend of theirs. My Mom was playing her violin and I was accompanying her. The woman who died, Pat was one of my Mom's dearest friends, she introduced my parents. Without her, I might not be! My Mom met her back in 1970, you know like 36 years ago. They both worked at a bank, and became great friends. My Mom has always talked about her friend Pat and all of the fun she has had with her and the great memories. I met her as a little girl, but had not seen her since I was 10, so I knew of her, but didn't really know her.
My heart ached for my Mom when she called and told me her friend lost her battle with cancer on Wednesday. I have lost a few friends and I know how bad it hurts and I wanted to be there for my Mom the way she had been there for me. When she told me she was playing the violin I knew I needed to be there for my Mom. We bought new music and had it ready to perform in less than 48 hours, and I have to say with our Heavenly Father's guidance we did a great job. My Mom did an outstanding job, I was impressed by her strength.
I knew Pat had children, but when I saw them and talked to them, and realized they were my age, I hadn't seen them since I was 10, so your perspective changes. My heart broke for them. They no longer had their Mother here on Earth with them. I still need my Mom and I am 26 years old, married with children. As I looked at her 5 kids with their little families and saw the grandchildren crying for Grandma my heart ached. I wished I could help them, to ease the hurt and the pain. I felt a little guilty being their with my own Mother when they had just lost theirs. I think of all of the times when I look to my Mom for guidance to know what to do with my children, with the dinner I ruined, or just for someone to talk to when I have been around little kids all day and my husband is working. I realized how true in Mosiah 18:9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort..
So for someone I personally did not know well, I felt for the family, for my Mom and my Dad. I wanted to help them to comfort them. But what do you say to someone who has lost their Mother? You hug them, you tell them you are sorry, but I can't change it.
So today Hug your MOM! If you are a long way from her let her know how much she means. You never know how long you will have your Mother. For Pat she was diagnosed with cancer in February and in five months it took her life. Life is short and it can change in an instant. Hug your Mom! You'll never regret it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I think you are a great daughter and your mom is lucky to have you! Great job getting the music together that quickly...I know it was a LOT of work and totally worth it.
What a sweet way to think. Sounds like you and your mom have a great relationship. I'm so sorry she lost her friend.
I am BAWLING over here! My mom is a breast cancer survivor and I can't imagine what life would be like without her.
I get to hug her on Saturday when I get to UT!!!
(I miss you! Are you coming over for TOFW in Tacoma?)
Wow. Thank you for the perspective. That is such a touching post.
thanks for the reminder, sometimes we get caught up in life and forget the important stuff.
I love my mom so much...and if she were here, I'd hug her just because your post touched me.
Thanks for the reminder and the post!
That was beautiful. I'm sorry for your mom's loss. I'm sure it was a comfort for your mom to have you there to accompany her, too. :) I'm envious of your relationship with your mom. I wish I had that.
Post a Comment