Seven years ago I married the man of my dreams in the Portland, Oregon Temple. It doesn't seem like seven years ago. It still feels like yesterday, but at the same time like we have been married much long than that.
The day before our wedding, my Grandmother went through the temple for the first time, at the age of 73. It was such a great experience to go through with my Grandma. That day couldn't be over fast enough for me though. I was anxious for our wedding. Randy and I stayed up until after midnight chatting and looking forward to our wedding day.
I got pretty much no sleep, between sleeping with my noisy family, and the excitement, and anticipation of the next day. That morning as soon as it was acceptable to get up, I was up and getting ready. And I didn't let Randy see me until it was time to go to the temple. We got to the temple and got ready and then we were married at 12:00PM August 20, 1999. Such an amazing day. One that would change my life forever. I remember the Sealer telling us that we would love each other so much more than we did that day as each year, month, or day passed. I couldn't imagine that. I understand it now. I love you Randy more than ever. You push me to be better. You are my everything. I feel like I am living a Fairy Tale with my Knight in Shining Armor. You make me feel like a Princess, without you, I am not complete. You are my eternal sweetheart, the love of my life.
Okay, enough of being mushy!
We celebrated yesterday, and we also celebrated when we went to Las Vegas the end of June. We called that our Anniversary Trip/Gifts to each other. We went to dinner yesterday, and we got pedicures together, and shopping, and Randy took me to get my haircut, and he gave me two dozen long stem red roses. GORGEOUS! We had a fun time, and then we came home put the kiddos to bed, and we watched movies. It was a great night! Amazing how just having some quiet time together helps to reconnect and feel like you did seven years ago.



2 comments:
Wonderful. Portland is such an awesome temple (and I'm not just saying that because I was sealed there too LOL) and you guys looked stunning!
I sure love your wedding dress. That is another huge thing I would have changed about my wedding- I wanted so badly to have a traditional wedding dress with a long train, veil, etc. Just beautiful. You guys are so cute.
Post a Comment