I will admit I totally think Tyra Banks is awesome. She has been my favorite Super Model for a long time. She is gorgeous and just seems so real. I even DVR her show, daily. Some I watch and some I delete. Last week I was at the grocery store and saw the People Magazine with Tyra on the cover speaking out about being called fat so I bought it. I was like what, she isn't fat, and why would anyone call her FAT? Then right after that I saw the Tyra Show with her on it talking about this issue. Here is a clip, watch it. I totally applaud her. I have been told I am fat in my life and I wish I had her confidence to just say kiss my butt. I am working on it. It is a goal. I want my daughter to say who cares. I don't want her to feel she has to be a certain size to be beautiful. She doesn't have to starve herself to be pretty she can be normal healthy and be a knock out.
So there.. you learned something new. It is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
My guilty pleasures are the TV show Arrested Development and chocolate in any form. :)
I've never watched Tyra Banks - it's on at the same time as Dragon Tails and I try not to debate these sorts of things with my 3 year old :) You know, if we spent less time judging one another and more time helping each other out, then this wouldn't be an issue. I'm like you - I hope I can teach my daughter to love herself no matter what! As for my guilty little pleasure... I love to watch The Office and Lost... which can both be kinda naughty at times. We turn it off if it gets bad....:D
Rock on Tyra!! She is awesome :)
I love The Office and Christina Aguillera (I don't let the kids listen to her naughty songs though, hehe)
Awesome clip...loved it!
Guilty pleasures: The Office, What about Brian and The Bachelor.
Guilty pleasure....okay don't tell anyone! I've watched guiding light for about 10 years. Ewww a soap opera!! So Cheesy, so predictable, I'm guilty.
I LOVE the office and scrubs. Oh and supernanny..she's great.
Loved the clip!!! Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to buy some post it hearts tomorrow. Do you want me to pick some up for you?
Why does she say one thing on her talk show and promote another on her top model show? There's always one "bigger" girl among the contestants, it's very obvious that she's "larger," and she never makes it to the end. Tyra doesn't say anything against her size but the other judges do--they are harsh!
It seems like she is preaching and not practicing. It bugs me.
Post a Comment