
My Life Monday- My Most Embarrassing Moment. We all have moments of embarrassment. Some greater than others. I have thought about mine, and I am not really that sure of the most. I don't think anything has been that tragic, or maybe it is because I laugh it all off. I am thankful that my friend Emily's story wasn't mine though. I am not sure I would have come back to Church. I still think about it and giggle, thanks Em!
Do you remember Beck? I love Beck. They have a great sound, and my brother being so lucky back in the day 1996-97 era while at BYU got to go to a Beck concert. I was jealous. Very jealous. He got a cool shirt while he was at the concert and I coveted it. I was anxious for him to leave on his mission so I could add that shirt along with a few others to my wardrobe. I loved guys T-Shirts then.. what was I thinking?? He left and about two days later I wore the beloved Beck Shirt. Remember the song Where It's At!
Where its at!I got two turntables and a microphone..
That line specifically. Here is a picture of the shirt.. or at least one like it. It was pale blue, but whatever. Can you see the problem with this shirt?
It looked great on my brother. I wore it to school.. I was 16 and thought I looked pretty good that day. After lunch I walked into English and my friend Jared looked at me and said hey did you know you left your headlights on? I looked confused undoubtedly, and said I didn't drive today I got a ride with a friend, but thanks. And he said nope, they are on. I figured he was just messing with me like always and trying to confuse me. I ignored him and he continued to tell me they were on and was I sure I didn't want to do anything about them. Confused I said Jared, I didn't drive! My headlights are not on, my car isn't here. No one even has a car like mine, I am not that dumb, but thanks. Being the great guy he said did you look in the mirror before you left today? I said umm... of course. Why wouldn't I look in the mirror? He asked did you notice anything? Umm.. not really, my hair looks good but whatever. I was naive.. what can I say. He then pointed out that my shirt looked like boobs, and was placed in an area that was strategically placed to draw attention. On a boy this looks fine, on a girl like me, not so much. It was May, it was warm, I didn't have a coat with me. I was embarrassed but laughed it off, what do you do? Needless to say that was the last time I wore that shirt. Every time I see it on my brother now I giggle.



6 comments:
Never really cared for Beck, but man- what a rofl story! :)
Great story! What a fun day that must have been for you. I bet your brother thought he was pretty funny too!
LOL - that is too funny!! It's good that you can laugh about it now :)
That is so incredibly you and I can totally see it, no one would have even noticed if it was me :)
-Tiff
You CRACK me up!!! I can just imagined the whole conversation. Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment