Monday, March 12, 2007

My Life Monday-The me not many people know.


My Life Monday, the me not many people know. Thanks Rachelle, I think this is harder topic for me. I am pretty much an open book. I tell more than most people want to know. I am pretty much what you see is what you get.



I am a country girl at heart. I love the outdoors. I love animals and doing all of that stuff. I showed steers in FFA, and I loved it. I won Grand Champion in fitting and showing and first blue in Confirmation.Now it wasn't that I was great at showing, I was just kindly reminded by a great lady, Janice, to make sure I smiled at the judges and keep eye contact. I did and it worked. Not only did I get that, I also won Carcass Champion, awesome huh? Are you jealous? I won a HUGE belt buckle with it. Carcass Champion means that my dead steer hanging, his body was better than the others, more marbling, bigger rib eye, just all around better. I was proud, heck I still am.


I had horses as a kid, I sold them when my parents moved here 8 1/2 years ago. It broke my heart. I sold my mare Gypsy, and her son Jinx. I have only seen them once since I sold them, it rips my heart out to see them, I miss my horses, and I miss having the steers out in the field.


I miss country life. The open starry nights, the smell of fresh hay, which ironically I am severely allergic to. I am a true country girl at heart. I love going to the Fair every year and seeing all of the animals, I especially love seeing the cattle. I know all of the little grooming tricks to make the rump look bigger, and I love watching the grooming. I secretly wish it was me doing the grooming and the showing. It is hard work but it is fun.


Maybe you knew I was a country girl at heart.. maybe not. Given the chance and if I wasn't allergic to it all I would jump at the chance to be a real country girl again. But until then I will live happily in my suburban neighborhood. Enjoy that even though I don't have big farm animals, I have two great labs that my kids adore as much as I do, and even if my kids aren't learning to love the bigger animals they do have my love for the furry warm creatures.

Here are my girls.. since I haven't shared in about a year. Sage is 2 on Friday! And Izzy she turned 1 December 29th.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I don't know if I knew that Sage and Tanner share the same birthday!!! Ha!! At least you'll always know when my baby's birthday is!

I think you being a country girl is cool...I'm a city girl to the core...didn't understand much of what you wrote about, but it still fascinates me. You go girl!

Life ticks on said...

I never thought about that type of me but yeah I am country at heart too. BUT not country enough to miss the plays and stuff so I need to live close enough to go into a big city every now and again LOL! Same here as for the allergies. Sucks to be allergic to the stuff you love!

Rachelle said...

I didn't know you were a country girl at all! Thanks for sharing! Your dogs are so cute.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

rofl at Carcus Champion. I knew about a lot of the other stuff, but I didnt' know that specifically. Congrats :)

Melissa said...

I'm a half hearted country gal... lol Can you do that? I would love to live outside of town and have horses and dogs. But I don't know about cows. My grandparents had a dairy and it seemed like nothing but headaches... except when the milk guy came. If us grandkids were running around then he'd always leave a bag of carmels :) I too have allergies, so I don't know if it will ever happen...