Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thankful

This week it seems I have heard of so many people having heartache. Loved ones dying, people falling ill. I attended the funeral yesterday of a childhood friend and her daughter. Tragic how quickly life is over. I heard of a death of five children in the Emmit, Idaho area. Heart breaking. There are so many more. With all of the sadness I am thankful. Thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for His eternal plan. Thankful for a Loving and Just Heavenly Father who created a plan for us to return to live with Him. Thankful for his peace and comfort He gives to us in times of sorrow. Thankful for the restoration of the gospel, and for the blessings of temples. Thankful for the sealing power. Thankful for all of my blessings I have in my life, my family, my health, all that we have. Thankful I am able to hug my children every night. Thankful for every second I have with them, and my husband. Thankful for life itself.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You have a very sweet testimony. I'm sorry that you lost a friend. It's always a hard thing.

Kim said...

Diddo! I too feel extremely blessed lately.

smart mama said...

it is hard to see people go through so much- it makes me apprecaite what i have and take for granted