Remember Cheers? Okay, how could you not remember it? I love the theme song. I mean don't we all want to go where we belong? We have lived in 4 wards since we were married. The ward we are in now, is home. More than any other ward I have been in since I was married, now don't get me wrong, I have liked every ward, I have had great people I was friends with there. I have friends that are true wonderful friends, they are real, they are kind, and they make me feel like I matter and they care.
I have pneumonia right now, and I was picking up Little Man from pre-school today and one of the other Mom's offered to take both of my kids... (okay insisted) so I could get some rest. I was so grateful. I thought I might cry because I was so exhausted and just felt like crap, and the fact that she was so willing to help me out meant so much. Another friend has called and told me she is taking my kids for a few hours tomorrow. I am feeling very loved by my friends, and feel like the for the first time in years I really belong. It is home. It isn't that I haven't had friends, I am outgoing and make friends along the way always, but I have such a strong support group, I feel very blessed. The Cheers theme song seems to really be fitting for me. I feel like I am somewhere where everybody knows my name.
It is funny when we moved here almost a year ago I had certain areas I was looking at for a house, and this was not one of them. But I kept being drawn to this area. The Lord knew where I needed to be for me. To have the love and support of great women who like me for me. Where my husband has great friends, and my kids do too. I have great friends in all the places I have lived, people I cherish and love. But for the first time I finally feel like I am home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I hope you feel better soon. I know exactley what you mean. I remember our first Sunday when we moved to Pasco and went to church and I felt like I was home, and I have continued to feel that way the entire time I have lived here. A great support system is so important. I am glad you have that where you live now.
Isn't it great how the Lord works? We felt very strongly that we needed to move, even though it made no sense at the time. We also felt VERY strongly about our particular lot. It hasn't all made sense yet (and maybe I'll never know), but I know we did the right thing.
Oh yeah...GET BETTER!
What an awesome feeling! I want to live in an area like that!
I'm sorry you are sick! That's never fun... we had a similar experience when we moved to Oregon. Everyone was so open and accepting. We have a good ward now, but it's just not the same. I'm glad you have such good friends and people that care for you!
I feel bad I haven't helped you. I've been so caught up in my little world. I hope you feel better soon. I'll call you on Monday and check to see how things are going. Love ya!
Post a Comment