Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I want GUM too!!!

While coming home from the park today I had a revealing conversation with my kids.
Little Man: Mom, can I have some gum?
Me: No, I don't have any.
LM: Mom's friend, can I have some gum?
Mom's Friend: Sorry I don't have any either.
LM: Little Miss has some, why can't I have some? That isn't fair.
Me-looking at Little Miss, I didn't give her gum. I don't have any at all. But she is chewing something.. hmmm.. is it old gum from a bench.. oh nasty. Then I look at her flip flop. She took a bite of it.. and was chewing on the bright green piece of flip flop.
Me: Little Man that isn't gum, it is her flip flop. Please kids, if you are hungry ask me, don't eat your flip flop, that is just gross.

Have I mentioned I love being a Mom. Because I do. Who else gets to laugh at all of the gross stuff kids do.. and then come blog it.. so I will always remember it. Seriously.. it was pretty funny after the gross factor wore off.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL - that is so gross! LOL But it sounds like something my little girl would do too :) They have to keep us on our toes I guess

Nettie said...

Yummy. Kids have such great imaginations. How else would you even come up with such an idea?

Lei said...

what is it about flip flops? lol!

Olivia said...

Eww!!! I remember chewing paper pretending it was gum, but never a shoe! LOL

smart mama said...

seriously kids love chewing foamy things-- and i meant to say your new look is really nice- forgot to say it before!

g said...

Very resourceful little girl! :)

Elozia Marie said...

ROFL. Dee-lish!

Kim said...

Hey! I'm back! Nice changes!!!!