We (women) tend to focus so much on our weaknesses and often blow them out of proportion. But our strengths, the things we are good at, go unnoticed, especially by ourselves. I know there are times when I have feared that my confidence may come across as arrogance. It's taboo to assert your successes as a parent! And even in general, I think women are very careful about how much credit or attention they give to themselves. But we all certainly deserve praise and recognition. And so, right on the heels of Mother's Day, this "Woman to Woman" is an opportunity for us all to admit that we are amazing, and to share our strengths with one another.
Okay isn't this fitting the same week as my birthday! Hey it is my blog.. isn't always all about me! Why shouldn't I celebrate me?
This is hard for me though. I can tell you all of the weird things I do.. or the things I don't always like that I do. But to tell you the great things about me.. it is just hard. But I am going to do a List.. like Sunny did. It works for me.
- I am quick to forgive and move on. I don't hold grudges, and I am not easily offended. I know everyone has good. And we are all trying our best in this life.. some days are just really hard.
- I love my husband.. why am I celebrating this? He is the best thing that ever happened to me. I love him more than I could ever have imagined. He makes me feel whole, I am complete when I am with him. I am better because of him.
- I laugh. I laugh at times when I want to cry. I laugh at times when I shouldn't, but it is me, and I like it. I laugh when I want to yell at my kids. It is better to laugh, a melted crayon in the dryer is much funnier if you laugh.
- I have taught my children to pray. And to have true faith that their prayers WILL be answered. I know that our Heavenly Father hears us. And my children know that too.
- I am comfortable in my skin finally. I am not afraid to goof around and be silly with my kids, Randy, or my friends. It is better to laugh than to be that serious. Who cares if I act like I am 5. I am happy.
- I am optimistic. Life is good. I keep a positive attitude in my life. It comes naturally, but I really like that about me!
- I am a good mother. Contrary to what I might feel or say at times, I am. I am not screwing my kids up that much. I enjoy every minute with them. My kids are fun. They are growing quickly and I enjoy all of the time I get with them. I don't do everything perfect, but I try. And they adore me.
- I have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What is not to celebrate about that! I know He lives. I know the Gospel is true.
- I make friends every where I go. I run into people every where that I know. If I know you, I consider you my friend. I have lots of friends!
- I am honest, sometimes to a fault. I work on making my filter work. But you never wonder what I am thinking. ha!
That is my list. All of the randomness that it is. It is me!
Join in on Woman to Woman! Go visit Lei and Morning Glory and leave you name and a comment!



12 comments:
I lvoe that you make such a point of laughing. It is seriously good medicine!
I really hope to meet you someday Lee. It means a lot to me that you've supported Woman to Woman. I always enjoy your posts (and your photos)!
This is you and this is your list and you have much to celebrate!
I am learning to become more comfortable in my own skin, too, and with that I am learning to be happier and more optimistic. We need more positive and cheerful attitudes in this world!
I really liked your list. How wonderful to go through life with a sense of humor. We certainly need more of that these days.
I also really appreciate that you chimed in on this today. What you had to say is important for all of us to read.
Your comments about your husband were very touching.
You sound like a fun person to know. I enjoyed reding your list.
Lots to celebrate there. You sound like a really fun person.
Susan
What a great list! I'm not sure I could be so honest about myself... maybe I should try. :)
You remind me of my favorite quote by Sister Hinckley "When you go through life you either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." Enjoyed reading about you!
You are a fun gal... I'm lucky I already know you!
Great job on celebrating YOU
It's all true! I love all those things about you... a true example.
You are a woman to Celebrate ! We all need more laughter and humor in our lives. Cheerish each moment with your husband as if it were the last. Your list depicts a very happy, loving and friendly person.
Have a Wonderful weekend!
Angela
This is a wonderful list, and truely things to celebrate about yourself! It's wonderful for you to share that with us also. I'm going to have to remember to try laughing the next time I get a crayon in my dryer ;)
Thank you for this list. So often we get caught up in what we wish we were that we forget how very incredible we already are.
Post a Comment