Friday, November 16, 2007

Las Vegas: The Details

Last Friday we jumped on an airplane and went to Las Vegas. Before leaving we meaning, Misty and I took each others family pictures. (Hopefully that means Christmas cards will be out in time.) The Grandparents each took their Grandchildren as Misty, Dave, Randy and I left for our 5 day trip. Misty and I were going for our friend Charlotte's wedding that we were photographing, and since we were going to Las Vegas we brought our husbands so we could make it a mini-vacation.

We arrived in Las Vegas late at night. We got our car and to our nice resort and had a chance to get settled in. Misty and I had to get up early.. 4AM ish.. Poor girl woke up before I did but we had to start at 6AM so we could get the details of Charlotte's big day! Charlotte looked gorgeous, and her and Dustin are adorable together! It was a perfect day and I loved the gorgeous scenery for pictures. Such a change to have palm trees for your background! Gorgeous!


We finished up about 4PM and then we were off to the hotel to change our clothes and then head down to the Strip to check it all out. I really, really, really wanted to see The Phantom of the Opera. I had only seen the movie and was told the movie didn't do it justice. Tickets online were expensive and I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. We went to Tix for Less and they had them for $75, I was thrilled! We bought our tickets and then hustled, okay we literally dragged poor Misty down the Strip to the Venetian so we could get our seats. Misty I am so sorry for going so fast, but the seats were worth it right? Misty is pregnant and gets bad morning sickness. Sorry. You were a great sport about it though!!! We weren't allowed to take pictures in Phantom. They said if you did you would be escorted out. I saw people taking pictures and no one drug their butt out... I was ready to see someone jump on them and take them out and delete the pictures from their memory card. It didn't happen, but it would have left me giggling if it had. Phantom was wonderful. Seriously 100X's better than I even imagined. The theatre was built for Phantom, it is gorgeous. I would go to Vegas just to see Phantom again. I loved every minute of it. After Phantom was over we went out front of the Venetian to get a few shots of ourselves and things we were seeing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Randy and I.. Hope that is obvious. lol
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dave and Randy
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Misty and I
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

From here we walked down to the Bellagio. Misty was really excited to see this. This was her first time in Las Vegas. We watched the fountains, and they were awesome!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We finally got back to our hotel around midnight or a little later. I was dead tired. Holy cow.

The next day we went to M&M World. It was cool. Randy and Dave busted a move.. and it made the M&M World even cooler.



Then we went to a dinner show at the Excalibur, Tournament of Kings. It is a great kid friendly show. Randy and I went last year and liked it enough to go again this year.

The next day we decided it was time to get off of the Strip. Only so much that I can handle of that part of Las Vegas. Misty and I both had family shoots that morning so we finished those up and got back to our wonderful husbands! We really wanted to go to the Grand Canyon, but it was too far away, and I didn't want Misty throwing up for a couple of reasons. 1. It sucks to puke. And I don't want to be the reason she pukes. 2. Then I would puke. Instead we made our way to Hoover Dam. We were going to go on a Dam Tour but it was $25 and well.. I didn't feel the need to spend $25 for a Dam Tour. I could walk across it just fine and say that now I had been to Arizona! Woo hoo! It was cool to see, but it looks bigger in the Movies. And I thought it would be cooler than it was. I am not sure what I expected from a Dam
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Looking down the Dam
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They are building a Bridge across the canyon. Holy scary! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After that we decided to go to Primm, Nevada. I convinced everyone we should go there to the outlet mall. They had a Nieman Marcus Outlet, Gucci, Dolce & Gabana, Prada, and the list goes on. I was seriously giddy to be there. We had been there maybe ten minutes and I was just figuring out where I wanted to go when sirens started to go off in the building and an announcement that this is an Emergency Please EVACUATE the building. I wanted to stay.. but quickly came to my senses this isn't school where you have a fire drill. This is serious and I should listen. So sadly I left the mall, never to return. *sigh* Okay one day I might but not for a long time. We went and rode the roller coaster across the street at a Casino, and then headed back to Las Vegas for dinner. We still don't know why the Mall was shut down. It didn't blow up or anything. I was watching to see if it was going to explode.


And then the next day it was time to come home. We went to the Zappos.com Shoe Outlet. I didn't find anything that I loved enough to buy. So sad. I tried really hard but nothing. We had lunch and then jumped on the plane and came home. We had a FANTASTIC time with Dave and Misty, and I don't think I know anyone who would be better to vacation with. The thing about going with friends is you always hope you still like each other a ton by the time you get home. And I love Misty more! She is great. And her and Dave are so cute together, and our husbands got along great! That is an even bigger bonus!


It was so nice to get home. I couldn't wait to see my little munchkins. They were so cute and Little Miss kept squeezing my face and giving me tons of kisses. I missed my kiddos so much. We had a great trip, but I am loving being home and getting back to my regular life.


Sorry this is long, and hope you enjoy the millions of pictures.

7 comments:

tharker said...

These pictures were awesome! I love the one of you and Randy smoochin! You guys are adorable!

I bet your kiddos were so happy to have mom and dad back!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Allison said...

I totally loved the millions of pictures! FUN trip! Seeing the dam makes me think of home....it's come a long way since the last time I drove through there. Sorry about the mall...that sucks! Guess we'll have to make another trip to Portland to get our outlet fix in!!

I'm glad you had a good time, but I, for one, am glad you're home.

:)

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I loved reading about your trip and seeing your pictures! And I'm so happy for Charlotte. It took me a minute to realize who you were talking about, and then I was so pleased...her little A is getting so big.

Jen said...

Glad you guys had such a fun time. Loved seeing all the pictures!

lackrik said...

that looks like SO much fun!

and I can't stop laughing at the m and m dancing video!!!

Terilyn said...

Sounds like a great time! The pictures are awesome! You do such a great job! You and Randy look so cute! In all our pictures, Mike looks like a single dad of 4 children. There's not very many of me. I'm behind the camera!

EarlGirl said...

Wow, what a fun trip, and it looks so warm.. mmmm. I loved all the pictures, so fun to see. Thanks for sharing!