Oh wait it was still dark. Very dark. My cell phone rang before 4AM this morning. My Mom was on the other end asking me if I was awake.. yeah I am up.. totally up. Rubbing my eyes and trying to get over the sheer panic the "Hello Moto" had brought through my body. She had told me she would call me when she left her house this morning and I figured I would roll out of bed then. She told me I am about 3 minutes away, are you ready? Umm.. sure Mom. Give me 5 minutes and I am good to go. I brushed my teeth, threw on clean clothes and freshened up yesterdays makeup.. (Yeah I don't wash my face at night all the time.. who cares!) And then I ran downstairs and out the door. We were off on our shopping adventure!
At 4:15 we found our parking spot in front of ToysRUs and ran and jumped in line. Jealous? You should be. It was cold. I jumped and was ever so anxious for the time to tick by to 5AM when we could get in from the bitter cold. We chatted and laughed and were glad weren't any later the other people were WAY back there and we wanted to get the goods and move on. I had my list and we got in and got all of the things we wanted and we were out by 5:15. It was fast. I got the things I needed to make Christmas wonderful for Little Man.
Off to Fred Meyer.. we needed socks. Lots of socks. I only buy them once a year if I can help it. Fred Meyer has them half off for a few hours every year on Black Friday. We ended up with over 50 pairs of socks. If you have seen my holey socks recently you know how badly they were needed. But I was waiting to buy them for today. I can't wait to put on new socks! We spent much more time there.. we didn't get out of there until 6:30.
Then off to Staples. I wanted a 500GB external hard drive.. but they were already out. They had only been open 45 minutes. I was bummed. Who else wants a 500GB hard drive.. I had no idea they would be THAT popular. I did find new phones.. we needed them.. I dropped one of ours in the toilet.. clean but it got soaked so it works occassionally. And the other one the battery is on the verge of just dying. So basically we have one kind of working moody phone. Now we have three capable phones! Woo hoo! This could prove to be dangerous as my kids love to use the phone. All. of. the. time. They have been known to call Grandma in the wee hours of the night just to request Jello. Sorry I am digressing. I also found 20 mile range two way radios. Pretty snazzy. And a awesome cushy new computer chair I am lounging in right now. It is nice. We went to the copy center and skipped the insanely long check out line!
Then we decided we should brave JoAnn's. This is my first year going there for Black Friday. The first year I am really digging sewing. We went and spent a long long long long long long long long long time in line. I found the fabric for my tree skirt, Christmas jammies, and the gifts I am making. I also got a nice $50 Olfa cutting mat for $19. I scored. We waited for over 1 hour to get my fabric cut. I think I bought over 30 yards of fabric. And I ended up under $70 the sale was that good. Finally after 2 hours there it was time to go to another store.
I checked a few more stores for my Hard Drive but evidentally it was a serious hot ticket item. And the stores that did have them decided that $250 was a good price, I liked the $79-99 price range better. And I know Costco always has a decent deal on it. Hopefully I will get one for Chrismtas. I am sure I "need" one so I can back up all my pictures better. Okay I don't have them backed up at all. Bad Huh?
We went to the Mall.. Gap didn't have an additional percent off this year.. I was bummed. We wandered through Gymboree, and a few stores and my Mom and I were not really feeling it today. We were looking for kids stuff not ourselves and no one really needs clothes right now.
So we decided to hit Target. They didn't have any door busters this year. We made it over and got the things on my list and then decided that since it was noon, I should go home. I hadn't eaten anything or even had a drink of water. I was parched. We had been going for eight hours strong. I got home to see my kids and wonderful husband. He was ready to go shooting, and then play paintball. And I am ready for a nap. Napping while my children are awake doesn't happen though. They like to leave when I nap and they are awake. I sit here anazlying my purchases, hoping I made the right choices and that on Christmas morning they will be as excited about their gifts as I am.
Happy Black Friday! And let the countdown begin until next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That's great that you got some good deals on stuff for your kids. I'm sure that they will love what ever you got them! And what a great idea for the socks! I never knew that F.M. had that sale.
Can't wait to see ya tomorrow!
Be ready to Photoshop the snot that will be running down our noses from the chilly weather! At least we'll all have rosy cheeks for our pictures though ;)
I love Black Friday! It is so fantastic! It is the only day that I can get Mike to enjoy shopping with me! We were a little later this year ( I think we left the house at 6:30 or 7:00), but still got some great deals and a lot done! I'm glad you're a crazy shopper like me!
We hit a few sales too... not as many as you did, but I am DONE with my Christmas shopping. Yep. You heard me... done. :)
So...sometimes I surf over to see your newest photos...FYI, my husband jumped online at 5am (before he headed out to do his shopping) and was able to purchase the 500GB hard drive ($80) from Staples & have it shipped free to our house...Aaron told him about doing this last year...so...better luck next time!
Post a Comment