Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Something to Live by
This summer I was talking with my friend Monica while we were lounging on her boat and somehow she said something that has been ever so thought provoking. She said,"Lee, you are great! Don't ever apologize for who you are. Be you and be proud of it." It might not be earth shaking for you or even something you would ponder, but I did. And I have thought about it a lot. I have often apologized for doing things just how I do them only to find out people like it done better a different way. Or apologized for just being my goofy self that is oblivious to half of the world. It is so true. I don't need to apologize for just being me. I like myself. I am comfortable with who I am. I am a loud, talk-your-ear-off, goofy, up for anything, silly, passionate, loving, hyper, quirky, screwball kind of girl and I am good with that. I am not the scrapbooker, Martha Stewarty, crafty girl. And I don't even want to pretend to be. I like to be me. I make no apologies for being ME. So Monica.. if you read this thanks for inspiring me, and reinforcing what I already knew but saying it so I could hear it. Hopefully I will teach my children this. To be who they are and be true to themselves and never apologize for who they are. Love yourself. Like who you are, and quit apologizing for being you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love the goofy, talk your ear off, funny, outgoing, happy person that you are! I've always admired this about you! Go on girl!
It can be hard to see other people who have qualities that you don't and not think, What's wrong with me? I agree, it takes work to accept who you are, and who you aren't
The older I get the more I've come to realize that I have to be true to who I am or I will look back in 30-40 years and regret not living a whole life. I think letting (almost) everything is great!!! I'm working on this. I love to be admired and loved and sometimes truthfully feel like some people may not like everything there is about me. I have to learn that that is okay. This, my friend is what life is all about!!!!
Post a Comment