Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hot.. Humid..

I wasn't planning to talk about running again.. because I am really just beginning, and well I have no idea what type of running I am going to end up doing.

I was supposed to run yesterday, but we had thunder and lightning storms, and I just don't want to chance my luck. So I ran today. It was 80 degrees out and 75% humidity. Oh.My.Goodness. It is like running in my bathroom after a shower. I walked in all sticky, sweaty, I think I was sweating more than I ever have. I never have it just running off of me. It was totally gross. And I hear this isn't as bad as it gets yet. I think I am going to melt. And the sad thing is this was 7:30AM.

What happened to my cool mornings and nights I am used to. I miss the dry desert climate. All though the tornadoes intrigue me... is that weird? Because I would love to see one. I know strange as it may be I want to just see one, and not have it touch us. Call me crazy.

4 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

If I call you crazy I have to call my oldest child crazy -- he wants to chase tornadoes!

Jen said...

That totally brings back memories of when I was a kid and we lived in Illinois. I remember sleeping at night with no covers spread eagle so no body part could touch another because as soon as they did it was sticky and hot. That must be why we spent most days at the pool because if we were in the water we couldn't feel how humid it was. :) Good luck this summer!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

You are going to have lovely skin...We will be wrinkling away out here in the desert.

EarlGirl said...

Those were some crazy lightning pictures! I hope you get to see a tornado from far away!