The ocean was chilly. But still very inviting in the heat.

A sweet older couple offered to take our family picture. 

Little Miss loved playing in the sand. 



Little Man loved the sand, but he enjoyed the ocean a lot. He liked to jump in the waves and look for seashells.







When Little Miss was in the ocean it helped if someone was holding her hand. The waves knocked all 40lbs of her over without someone holding her hand.

She enjoyed Randy swinging her around more than anything.



And yet she still found her way into my arms where she prefers to be all of the time if I will let her.

The kids wanted to help make the ocean bigger. They decided to dig a hole so it would be a little bigger than when we arrived. Sweet huh?

Another family picture after we had been helping the kids build sandcastles. 





This is one of my favorite pictures of Little Man. He is so happy and just enjoying the day.
We spent over three hours at the beach and then it was time to go. Randy and Little Miss were getting red, and we had 50SPF sunblock on them, and we even reapplied. Little Man and I wore 30SPF and we didn't burn. Sadly they did. Little Miss was quite heart broken over this. Even with the sunburn my kids loved the beach. They would like to live near the ocean where we can do this more often. Me too. It was wonderful.

We spent over three hours at the beach and then it was time to go. Randy and Little Miss were getting red, and we had 50SPF sunblock on them, and we even reapplied. Little Man and I wore 30SPF and we didn't burn. Sadly they did. Little Miss was quite heart broken over this. Even with the sunburn my kids loved the beach. They would like to live near the ocean where we can do this more often. Me too. It was wonderful.
We finished our day at Magic Kingdom. We rode a few rides, and bought the kids souvenirs that they had been wanting.
We loved our calm day. The kids were happy. We loved seeing Florida. It was our first time there and it was nice to see something other than Disney World.



2 comments:
Wow, she really remembered her? Cool!
Wow, what a beautiful vacation!!
I loved how you captured the different looks from unhappy, to wondering where they were going, to full happiness.
We need to pull a similar surprise on our kids when they are older. :)
Oh man, I am sea-sick, I mean I miss the sea (the sea version of homesick :) ) I haven't been in seawater since we left NY.
I am so glad you had such great fun!!
Love,
Stephanie
Post a Comment