Saturday, May 02, 2009

1 Day to Go!

This morning my kids were eating Apple Jacks.. (We love our sugar cereal) and there was an ad for Disney World on the box. My kids wishfully said Mom can we go there. Please. And not when we are 12, like today. Then they said we know.. we know.. not yet. It took all of my self-control to not blurt out, We are leaving tomorrow for Disney World. But I didn't. I just laughed and said that sure would be fun, and quickly shoved more food in my face to keep my mouth quiet.

We are so excited. Or I am. And I know the kids are going to be. And Randy is just excited to have a conversation with me other than Disney World. I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and we are doing a character breakfast. I wasn't going to, but I finally found one that will please them both!

I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they finally realize where we are. And what is really happening. In just over 24 hours we are going to be in Florida. Settling in for a nice sleep, ready to play on Monday. 1 day to go. I can keep the secret.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, man....you are long gone. We were gone to seattle for a MUCH less fun activity! :) I hope you have the time of your lives! Can't wait to hear about it! I'll be sitting home all week with my little man while he recovers....

Sorry I was such a loser about catching up with you last week. It was really the week from hell trying to get Cub scouts organized and get Tanner's surgery all squared away amid everything else! I know you understand....just wanted to tell you that I did think to call, but only when my brain unwound at around 10 pm my time! I didn't think you'd appreciate the call at 1 am! :)

Lisa Christine said...

I hope that it was just as magical a moment as you imagined! And I hope that you are having the time of your life!