He received brand new scriptures with his name engraved on them. Lucky boy, I never have had my name engraved on mine. And best of all they are green, his favorite color!
He got dressed for Church and was ready for a few shots of him being an awesome 8! He does it so well. And he looks so grown up!! When did this happen? I keep thinking he should still be tiny.
He has mastered the fake smile. And likes to give it a lot. He is pretty darn cute even with a fake smile.
After Church and dinner it was baptism time. He is lucky he was able to be baptized on his birthday. What a great way to celebrate his birthday. He couldn't wait for his baptism, and neither could we. He was excited to make sacred covenants with the Lord.
Randy and Little Man dressed in white. How grateful I am for a husband who is worthy of his priesthood and was able to baptize our son.
I think Little Man was getting over the pictures. But we were so excited. I wanted to make sure we remembered this special day. I wanted him to always remember his baptism. (I love how I look as tall as Randy, thank you heels!)

Nana and Papa came for their first visit to Indiana for his special day. We were so excited to have them here to witness his baptism.

And my parents came with my sister. She looks so thrilled right? 
Little Man's baptism was wonderful. The Spirit was so very strong and we were so grateful to have so many of our family members there, and also to have many of our friends who were in attendance. Randy and I were shocked there were over 75 people who came to see Little Man's baptism. We were humbled and grateful for the attendance of such a special day. I didn't know what to expect, and I haven't quite known what to even say about it or I would have blogged it sooner. But the Spirit touched my heart so strongly. I was so grateful for the choice our son had made to enter into the waters of baptism. It was such a great blessing to watch him be baptized. It was the best way to celebrate his birthday. We asked Little Man how he felt. And he said he felt Happy, but a different Happy. That was his best way of explaining it. He has talked continuously about his special day and the fact that he feels the Holy Ghost with him stronger than he has before. He is such a wonderful kid. I am so blessed to be his Mother. How grateful I am for his testimony and for his courage to do what is right.
After the baptism we invited everyone over for cake and ice cream. It was a little crazy but we had fun with it. And we all recovered from the mass crowd at our home. Little Man was a little bashful when everyone was singing to him. I love it!

He really loves being the center of attention, and I love his fun expressions.
It was a perfect day for my boy. It was a perfect day for our family. It was a perfect day for me to reflect on being a Mother for eight years. What a tremendous blessing and responsibility. I feel honored to be his Mother. I am in awe of the wonderful boy he is. I couldn't have asked for a better son. Love you Little Man. Happy Birthday.

He really loves being the center of attention, and I love his fun expressions.

It was a perfect day for my boy. It was a perfect day for our family. It was a perfect day for me to reflect on being a Mother for eight years. What a tremendous blessing and responsibility. I feel honored to be his Mother. I am in awe of the wonderful boy he is. I couldn't have asked for a better son. Love you Little Man. Happy Birthday.



4 comments:
Happy Baptism, little man! We were thinking about you!
What a wonderful day! I love the picture of him sitting by the font. I hope he had a great birthday!!
It sounds perfect.
He does look so grown up.
Happy Birthday, and baptism Little Man.
Congratulations on your Baptism and Happy Birthday.
Love the pictures, especially the one by the font.
Post a Comment