Breathe.. just Breathe, it will all be okay.
Today has not been my day. Actually a lot of days lately haven't been. The move has been really hard on the kids, and all of the adjusting that comes with it. It has been a little hard on me too, and I just feel like I am failing. It has been one of those days lately where I feel my kids hate me, and I am really not doing a good job at being a Mother. It sucks.
I need to just breathe, relax, I know they don't hate me, but today it sure feels like it. I feel like I am failing.. I have so little patience, and I really should be doing better. They are precious children from our Heavenly Father, who for some reason actually trusted me with these angels. Why, I am not so sure right now? I think I am screwing them up more than I am helping them.
I am not sure what I need to do.. I pray, I read my scriptures, and still I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. Does it get easier? When they are no longer little do they start listening. My sweet little boy when I put him in time out told me, you are mean and not my Mommy. My Mommy is nice, and you aren't. It crushed me. I know he is just a little boy, but it seems like everything I do ends in failure.
It will pass right? I sure hope so. I love them, but they are wearing me down.. so for now, I'm just going to breathe..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I have those same thoughts a lot! Tomorrow is another day, right?
(((hugs)))
Been there, done that girl. Today while I was folding laundry I started thinking about how I wanted my children to remember me. Do I really want to be the mean mom that acted annoyed at them all the time? NO.
That made me change my attitude really quickly.
Sorry things are going so cruddy for you!
Wow Em.. That made me cry. Thanks for the reminder.
I know the feeling. I'll breathe with you. (((HUGS)))
Been there...Sorry things are lame. Just keep breathing, it will indeed pass...
Hang in there, breathe, count to ten, say the alphabet, or say a memorized prayer if your faith uses them. The Lord's Prayer is a good calming, centering influence for me.
Hang in there. I know how you feel. It will pass.
((hugs)) I hope the day gets better, you are awesome :)
Oh Lee, hang in there! Think about all the people on this earth who curse God and call Him unfair and mean! The most perfect parent in the universe can't have happy kids all of the time, particularly when they're recieving the consequences of their actions. We just do our best and love our children. We're not expected to be perfect, just to do our best.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment