Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It doesn't match Mom!

My little princess is 3. A cute cute three year old at that. She is a total crack up. In January she said maybe 4 or 5 words, and now she is saying 5 word sentences easy. I am so proud of her. And the more she learns to talk, the more I see who she really is, and how much like me she truly is.

As we were leaving speech a couple of weeks ago, she was getting a sticker from her speech therapist. She asked for two, and Elsa said, No you get one. She asked for a pink one, and she chose the pink sparkly heart. She promptly placed it on her shirt and then smiled, took it off and said no, I want the blue. Elsa said okay you can have the blue and you can keep the pink one. Smart kid huh? As soon as we are out of the building Little Princess looks at me and says, Mom pink match your shirt! And then she laughs, with the mischievous giggle that she has. And promptly hands me the sticker with this look of see what I did? She then goes on to blue, matches my blue shirt. See you match pink and pink. Quite proud of herself and the manipulation she had of Elsa.

Today we were eating and I had a pink bowl I was eating out of. No big deal right? Well to her is was a HUGE deal. Mom pink bowl doesn't match!! It doesn't match MOOOMMMMM!! I ask doesn't match what? Your shirt! Your shirt green, not pink. NO pink bowl.

She is concerned about matching and wants to match always. Concerned about colors and keeping them in the right order. You have to match. If you don't she will let you know. It is a crack up! In so many ways she is like me. I am not so concerned about what I eat out of matching but colors are something I am quite obsessive over, so she comes by in honestly!!

6 comments:

Misty said...

My kids like their bowl, spoon and cup to all be the same color! It's made for several breakdowns when I don't deliver...

Allison said...

oh, the matching plates and cups....and now both boys have to match together!!! We've learned a phrase from our cousins that has saved us on many occasions...it goes, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" Glad to see you blogging again!
p.s. Dallin saw you drive past our house, jump out of the car and get a paper and get back in your car tonight! He was yelling, "It's Dallin ****'s Mom" over and over! We all came running to see, and sure enough he was right!!!

Tanya said...

That's so cute! Ah, fun times trying to find purple polka dot bowls and plates to match! hehe.

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Too funny!

Scooter is always checking with me to see if the colors in his clothes match. He doesn't get how I can tell, but he's learned to check with me first or risk having to get dressed all over again!

I wonder if our kids look at us and say to themselves "what is this match thing of which they speak?"

Jenn said...

That's adorable! One of my girls is at the age where ALL pinks match, and ALL blues match, etc. So, she can have on the most bizarre outfit in the world, and think it matches, as long as every item is pink (or whatever color)!

Alicia said...

I can't believe how much she is talking now!! WOW!! That must be so great for you (and her!)