Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A new project!

My husband is out of town. When he is gone, I get bored. I come up with projects for myself and get them done. I decided with him being gone four days it was the perfect opportunity to paint. I painted my living room Wild Sage. It really is darker in real, and the walls are beigey, so you get the idea. He doesn't know I have done this, and hopefully he won't read my blog until after he is home!! So here are pictures of my house. I think the living room is really coming together. I love the dark wood and the deep colors and this is turning out to be one of my favorite rooms in my house. This is one of the first times I actually feel like I am really decorating well. So if you think otherwise, don't tell me!! HAHA! Any advice is always appreciated. I love the antiques I have and the solid lines.
My new couch and loveseat below. The frames we just got hung and I fixed the couch so they are centered. The pictures are all black and whites of the four of us. And in the middle I am putting, (don't have it yet) "All because two people fell in love." Also I have the two empty squares, I want to put something in them, but I am not sure what? Suggestions please, or do I just leave them alone?
The living room, going out the door.

Edited to Add. My wonderful friend Allison was kind enough to come over last night to help me get the job done! She rocks, 1000 thank you's Girl!
My Red kitchen. We painted in May, I just hadn't gotten pictures up. I put a quite by President Hinckley above my pantry this weekend. "Life is to be enjoyed, not juste endured." I think it is a good reminder for me! Red is one of my favorite colors, and I really like the white accents I have. I am wanting to get something to go on the top of my cabinets that would coordinate, and ideas? Hopefully I can get my house all together! Also the wall next to the pantry that is all red, any ideas on something for that wall?


Kitchen with my pretty roses!

14 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! First, you have the kind of house (hmm, newer than 30 yrs? LOL) that I DREAM of having, and those colors in the kitchen! They ROCK!! That's exactly what I would love to do one day! And the quote by Hinckley- perfect! we have the full quote, which totally doesn't make sense the first time you read it: "Have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." Ppl actually think I misprinted it! LOL!!! Anyway- I LOVE what you've done with the place! I WANT THAT!!!!!

Emmers said...

I would totally put some greenery up on top of the cabinets unless it'd blend in too much. Looks GREAT!

Jenn said...

Niiiiiice! I really like it. :0)

Alicia said...

Very nice!!! You've given me a couple of very good ideas for my own living room...which btw has an antique piano of the same brand, leather couches, and a green wall, lol!

My one suggestion is to move the pictures above the couch down some. I read in a magazine that pictures should be at about the same level as the light switch plates. Right now they seem like they are floating. If you move them down, they will seem more part of the couch/lamp group. I've done that in my own house and it helps a ton!

Tanya said...

Love it! It looks great.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

You've been busy! Nice work!

smart mama said...

it looks great- nice work- i love red rooms-

Allison said...

Fabulous paint job....who did you hire??? :) It was fun working together! I hope hubby doesn't read your blog tonight!! Your house rocks!

Anonymous said...

Nice! How fun is that! I am SO in the decorating mood right now. I wanna paint!!!

Unknown said...

Very nice Lee! Great job!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

love it, lee. I love home projects. its so fun to have a room look like you've been picturing in. good job :)

April said...

I wish my house wasn't 30 years old with wallpaper almost everywhere you turn. :oP

I really like the frames in your living room! The empty squares look good, or pictures added (could even wait until you found perfect pictures).

Lei said...

WTG! Lookin' good! I have an old singer sewing machine, too. ;)

QueenMeadow said...

No ideas, just praise. Looks fabulous, love the colors!