Monday, November 06, 2006

Proud Mommy!!

I am so excited tonight. Little Miss has been going to a PreSchool for the developmentally delayed. She has had a severe speech delay. When she was evaluated by the preschool in June of this year she was below the charts. You have to be under the 2nd percentile to even qualify, so that tells you how far behind she was. At 3 she was 1 year 4 months delayed. That is quite significant. Right after the evaluation we started with a private speech therapist while we waited for school to start this fall. She improved slowly.

Recently things have really picked up. Her speech therapist at school and her teacher both thought it was time to retest her, so today it was finished. I am proud to say that she no longer qualifies for her preschool. She has excelled very quickly and is doing great. She is now in the 79th Percentile and is at a 3 year 10 month speech development. (she is only 3 years 4 months) I am thrilled beyond belief. I knew her private therapist we were using was FANTASTIC, but this exceeded all of our expectations. Needless to say she tested herself right out of preschool and out of her speech therapy too. Her articulation needs a little help so we are finishing out the year with her private therapist, but I am just so proud of my baby!! It has been so great to see her accomplish so much! Great Job Little Miss!!!

5 comments:

sheri said...

Yay!!!!!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Congratulations to your whole family, but especially Little Miss! What a work ethic!

Allison said...

Congrats to both of you...I'm so proud of her!

Nicole said...

Wow! I am proud for you. That is wonderful.

Dixie Chic said...

Whoa! That is really awesome! My K could use some speech therapy, too. It sort of runs in dh's family, the way the kids talk. I mean, *I* can understand him, but....

It's just so great to hear how Little Miss was able to excel that much! WAY TO GO!! :)