Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday Little Man!! You are 5!! These last five years have flown past so quickly! I cannot believe that you are 5.

Little Man was born five years ago at 5:08AM. I was induced the morning of the 5th three weeks early due to pre-eclampsia. They gave me a pill that morning, it didn't work right so they gave me another one a while later. Then that night my dr broke my water. Then the pain began, and when I was at a 2, (I lied to the anthesiologist, the nurse told me to!) I got my epidural, my body relaxed and I progressed. And after 2 1/2 hours of pushing my baby was born, 7lbs 7oz, 20 1/2 inches long. I don't have any pictures of him brand new on the computer, sorry!

I remember staring into his eyes and they were so familiar. I knew I had known him before, I knew he belonged to me, he was mine. I became a mother five years ago today. Growing up I never had any idea how special my birthday was to my Mom. My kids birthdays are so special to me. I think of all the great things I have been blessed with since they were born. The day that each of my kids were born are days I cherish.

I love being the Mom. It is all I have ever wanted to be. There are days where it is hard, where I am not sure if I am coming or going. This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It is the only thing I have ever done day in and day out that I have loved with all my heart. I have learned about love, about the feeling of knowing you would give your life for someone.
Little Man, thank you for teaching me about love, kindess, having faith, forgiveness, unconditional love. You are an example to me in so many ways. I have watched you grow and develop. You are a great little boy. I admire your desire to do right and all the hardwork you do. I am so proud of you, and all that you do. I love you buddy! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! My firstborn's b-day is today, the 7th. You've inspired me to make his day just about him and to get some good shots too.
Thanks

QueenMeadow said...

Happy Birthday!! He is so handsome :) and you look fabulous as always ;)

Rachau said...

Happy Bithday !I hope you had a fun day!
Lee your kids are so cute!
I agree with Meadow you are looking great!

smart mama said...

happy birthday- being a mom is great! especiallywhen you have fantastic kids

Allison said...

His face has changed lately...he looks so different...that first picture you posted hardly even looks like him! Crazy how fast they grow. Nice tribute to him and to mothering.

Elozia Marie said...

Happy Happy Birthday little man! It looks like you had a great day!

Melissa said...

Oh, you made me tear up, I know just how you feel!!