2007! I remember when there was all the hype about Y2K. Remember that? I worked at US Bank at the time and people were taking TONS of money out so the bank wouldn't lose it since our computers would go back to 1900 not 2000. But we made it without a glitch. And here we are 7 years later.
I remember in 4th grade being asked by my teacher what the year 2000 would be like.. and I thought and pondered and remembered the JETSON'S, and I figured that was what life would be like ten years later. Boy was I wrong.
2007, it just doesn't seem like we really should be there already.
I think of 2006 and it seems like my year was a whirlwind. We had our house for sale for the first couple of months, and then moved in with my parents and then to our new house we are in. There has been a lot of change. I feel like we are finally really getting settled after a year of chaos, so I am looking forward to 2007 and hoping we will still be in this house in a year without any plans of moving anytime soon.
I think about my friends I left behind when I moved and the new ones I have made. All the MOF's that I have, some I don't hear from as often anymore, (or at all) and some I have gotten to know better. But all of them I think are great! I love having so many diverse friends, they all offer such great things and have such different strengths and weaknesses that it is great to be able to call them my friends!!
I hope this New Year 2007 I can be kinder to others. And that I can work on being a better Mother and Wife. I want to enjoy each day with my kids, because frankly it is going too quickly. I want to be a better listener, and take time to enjoy the simple things in life. I want to not judge as quickly and be a better friend. I want to get better at photography and also at my music.
2006 is rapidly coming to an end. I hope you have a Happy New Year and enjoy all that you have been blessed with this year! I know I am grateful for this year, for the Faith building trials, and for the chance I have had to see the Lord's hand in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy New Year Lee!!
2007 is going to be a great year for us! I am happy to say good bye to 2006!:)
Happy New Year, Lee! May you look back this time next year and be happy with where you've been :)
Post a Comment