Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ER X 2

ER visits.. they always happen in the wee hours of the night. When you really should be sleeping but instead you are driving to the Hospital and signing your kids in. Hoping that it won't be an eternal visit and that you will be "lucky" and quickly out of the ER and back home to catch a few Zzz's... But that rarely happens. We went to the ER early early Monday morning.. and if that wasn't lucky enough we went back 12 hours later. Yes that is right two ER visits in 12 hours. For the same kid. Jealous? Everyone should be.

Poor Little Miss has croup. Not fun. She started with the horrible breathing and coughing and she couldn't catch her breath. After hours there they sent us home. As the day progressed she got worse again. I finally called the Dr, who told me to go back to the ER. Seriously in the day? Who does that? Apparently very few people. I got there and no one else was in the waiting room. Apparently night time is the hot time. A lot of people were that in the middle of the night, but we skipped ahead of them all because of her breathing. (Side note if you must go to the ER, breathing issues get you a proceed to GO pass.) She had her treatments and he sent us home with the strict orders if she is worse bring her back. Night time came and I really thought I would be making yet another trek down there in less than 24 hours. But she slept through the wheezing and her breathing was not nearly as labored as it had been. I got more sleep than the night before.. but I woke often to check on my sleeping princess. She is hoarse and has a cute little raspy voice, but I think she is on the mend... finally.

On a side note.. I realize I have neglected to blog about a few neat events from the past two months.. that will be quickly rectified in the next week. I know people are DYING to see all of the pictures and the fun things that we have been doing. So don't put too much on hold.. but check back soon.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no!! We've done the ER thing before... not that many times in so few hours though. Here's hoping that she's on the mend!
And yes - I can't wait to see some pictures ! :)

Melinda said...

Hi Lee!
I've come from Gran -(Angela's) Site, I'm a new comer to the world of blogging.
I hope your little princess is feeling better. Croup certainly is a scary thing, but hopefully she will grow out of it! My Son had croup when he was young and thank goodness it has left him completely and at 16 he is one very healthy and active young man.
I love your photos they're fantastic and your two little Munchkins are adorable!

Take Care - Smiles Melinda

g said...

I'm glad she's getting better, and I'm sorry your got so familiar with your local ER! We've been dealing with summer coughs and raspiness, too. Not fun :(

Gran said...

Lee, I am so glad that things are better for you two! Doing the ER thing is very stressful.I hope that you were able to catch up on a little rest after all issues settled down.

Take care and I look forward to reading about your memories from last week!

Angela