I love General Conference, and I cannot wait for April when we get to hear from our beloved Prophet and other leaders again. I am always sad when Sunday Afternoon session comes. I enjoy every minute of conference. This year was one of the first years we didn't watch it with friends or family at all. It was just our family and it was quiet and nice. There were many talks that stuck out to me. I particularly loved Elder Dallin H. Oaks talk, Good, Better, Best. I gave been contemplating how I am spending my time everyday. Is it good? better? or best? Are there things I can do better? Of course! Last week I had decided to read the Book of Mormon in two months, so about nine pages each day. And I hadn't been doing as great of a job as I would have liked to. I was getting it done but it was feeling more like a burden, I had other things I wanted to do. I quickly realized that I need to change my priorities and that it belongs in the BEST category. And I am going to set aside more time for my personal scripture study and do my best to do the BEST with my time.
I also loved Sister Beck's talk. It helps me to know what I am doing is important. I want to be a Mother that Knows. Being a Mother is the most important thing I can be doing with my time. I have many other things I do with it, but my role as Mom is what really matters and what should always be my first priority. It is nice to hear and to know that being Mom matters more than anything else.
President Hinckley, I seriously love him. I loved hearing him speak about the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of it. When he speaks the Spirit is so strong and bears witness of the truthfulness of what he says there is no doubt that it is true. I know that as I study it more my testimony will grow stronger of it and I will be able to share what I hold dear to my heart.
President Eyring.. is that weird to hear?? That is who Randy had chosen.. he is so smart! I love him humbleness and the sweetness about him. I loved his talk on the importance of journaling the Hand of God in our life. How often His hands our in our life and we fail to recognize it properly. I will try to do better and make notice of this more. When I take time to notice I see it all around me. From when I had shingles and my Mom coming over so willingly and serving me by taking care of my kids and home. To the sweet note I received from a friend that made me feel like I matter. The Lord inspires us to do good, are we always listening and willing to be His Hands?
President Monson.. I love him. He has been my favorite for years. He reminds me of my Late Grandfather, and has since I was a small child. There is something about him that just draws me to him. I loved the talk about his friend who died in World War II and how he shared the story and this boys mother was listening to General Conference. You never know when or how your life will make a difference to someone else.
Conference was uplifting and wonderful. I always enjoy it and look forward to it. I can't wait for the November Ensign so I can indulge myself in all of the great talks and also for April, when I get to hear them again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment