Tuesday, October 02, 2007
The Truth..
I know why I got shingles. At least I am pretty darn sure I do. They say stress brings them on.. who is "they" you ask, the Dr's, People, Google. Let me explain September. September 1st, I had a wedding to shoot alone.. my first one alone. It was a very busy and fun, long day. And then I had the editing that I had to do. And I got it done and back to the people 5 days later.. yes I am crazy. September 6th, bridal portraits. September 7th, 2 weddings. Yes you read that right. Two weddings, one day. Thankfully Misty came and worked with me all. day. long. And then we stayed up going over who is proofing what and got everything organized. September 11th, family photo shoot, Lupus Support Group Meeting I am in charge of that no one came to.. and the I had HFPE to go to. I went and left shortly after, I was tired and just needed to go home. And the rest of that week I was editing, being Mom, volunteering at Little Man's school, trying to keep up on the house, laundry, cooking, driving kids in the carpool and going every which a way non-stop, and busting my Butt to get the Lupus Walk off of the ground. Friday, the 14th came and I felt something weird on my back but decided to ignore it. Saturday came the 15th and they itched more. I went to my walk had the event go off successfully, came home and showed Randy my bumps. He made me go to the Dr and I was diagnosed with Shingles. I wanted to believe it wasn't really stressed related. But seriously, that much in 15 short days it will give anyone shingles. And I am doing the walk again next year, but not with 5 shoots within two weeks of it. That was insane. That is the truth as to why I ended up with shingles.. I love to be crazy busy. It keeps things exciting. Evidently my body doesn't want me that busy or stressed again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Yeah, I think as we get older we can't handle the sheer volume of activity that wouldn't daunt us at all in our late teens/twenties.
I'm amazed I've not had shingles yet. I'm just a bundle of stress, every day! I did have chicken pox twice, maybe I've maxed out. Heh.
That's great that you can look back and recognize what did it, that can keep you out of trouble in the future. It can be hard to recognize to yourself that you can't do everything you want to do.
Well, at least you can try and prevent that kind of stress again!
I always love it when people tell me to just "take it easy". lol Yeah. Right.
Slow it down a little!! ;) You're probably very right about what caused the shingles.
Post a Comment