Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back!

We had a nice time in Indiana. It is flat there. Very flat. I was surprised. And there are cornfields and ponds everywhere. Tons of trees, and just quite different from the two colors of greenish-brown, and brownish-green here. We looked at several homes, I had vowed we would not buy a home on this trip, this was purely just to get acquainted with the area.

We saw several homes I was not interested in at all. I thought I would be, but they were not desirable. And then we pulled up to a house and I thought this is nice. We went in, it was nicer, we toured the whole thing and I knew I was in love. I told Randy when we came back in a few weeks with the kids we could make an offer.. no one else would love it like I did right? We decided to go through it one more time and after going back, I knew it was where we were supposed to be. It was the neighborhood, the house, this was going to be our home. We decided to make an offer. And after some negotiating, we are under contract with our new home in Indiana, far far away. We are excited, and looking forward to the move. It helps knowing where we are going and starting to feel things falling into place.

About Indiana, the people are nice. So nice. Seriously I was so impressed with people offering to help us get to know the area, giving us their phone numbers and email addresses in case we have any questions. Those who know me well know that I talk to anyone anytime about anything. I fit in there, everyone there does it too! They wave at you driving down the street, they talk to you like they have known you forever. It was awesome!! Evidently I am a Midwest girl who didn't know it!!

Get ready for picture overload, we love this house, and it fits all of our requirements and then some.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

12 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Congrats! I just caught up on your last couple of weeks. The house looks purty...will you put up a fence?

How are the showings going on your current home?

MadMadameMim said...

glad your back, can't wait to see you!

tharker said...

The house looks wonderful! Congrats to you and Randy!

hatch said...

It must feel good to have that taken that trip and have found that place that will be your new home. It is beautiful!

Jen said...

LOVE the house! How awesome to have found a place already. Is it starting to feel real yet? I have to admit I'm sad you won't be there this summer when we come to visit and I was gonna have you take pictures of us! boo hoo for me. lol

I laughed at your Indiana is flat comment. I've never lived there, but have lived in Illinois and it's flat too. I used to joke that if you looked hard enough you could see the curvature of the earth it was so flat. Glad you fit in!

Lisa Christine said...

Congratulations! The house looks lovely! I am sure that it must bring a sense of peace knowing where you are going to be living. How exciting!

Sonja said...

I'm so excited for you, that house is awesome! We have to get together before you leave.

Heather said...

That looks great. I laughed about you being a Midwest girl... I can totally see it!!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

The house is absolutely lovely. I can see why you were drawn to it. It sounds like you are perfect for Indiana.. friendly and kind.

Allison said...

o.k., I just realized that the kitchen is laid out EXACTLY like your kitchen now!! Crazy!!

SO what will you do about the dogs and a fence??? Was that backyard pic taken from the back of your property??? HUGE!

It's a wonderful house that will make a great new home for you...and you deserve that. Make sure to put a bed in a room for me to come visit!

megan said...

Wow. Congratulations on finding the house! I am in awe whenever things like this happen so quickly, probably because of how bad the market is down here. Any offers on the Kennewick house yet? And yes, that house does remind me of the one you are selling. Especially the front outside and the kitchen, like Allison said.

Kim said...

I thought the same thing about the layout. I love it!! Huge yard!! Love the brick. I think its so cool that you have a zoo with dolphins too!!!