Saturday, April 26, 2008

By The Way..

We are here, we are settled.. for the most part. I would post pictures but my camera cord isn't where I thought it was, and I am too lazy to go find it. So.. no pictures.

We have officially been in Indiana for one week. Last Saturday we left bright and early and with tearful goodbyes. My parents took us to the airport, us being my family, and two dogs. My in laws and brother-in law came to see us off also. We appreciated the family support.

It was hard to leave. Friday night was hard knowing that the next day we would leave. The kids ate up every last second they had with Grandma and Grandpa. Our finally goodbye left Little Man coming over hugging me fighting back the tears, and I had been holding up until then, and the tears came. I hugged my parents and my little sis and felt so sad. I have a terrific family, and it broke my heart to leave them. A tip for the future, don't cry during take off, it makes your sinuses pop, a lot.

We landed and got Sage (the dog) and our luggage and went to our hotel. And then we were back to get Izzy from the airport, they went on separate flights.. long story. Now before you think this is normal for my family, we only take the dogs on trips when we are going camping or something. This is not a normal thing for us to fly two big Labradors on airplanes, and we will not be making this a habit, unless of course it is for relocation purposes. Oh... wait.. I am totally off track.

We did the Church thing and then Dallin had school, which he loved. And Tuesday we moved into our home. I love our new house. It is amazing how having your stuff in your home makes it feel like home. My kids, my husband, my stuff and I feel at home.

Evidently I am allergic to Indiana. My allergies are killing me, thankfully I was able to get into an allergist and I am totally drugged up trying to get me breathing decently. The weather is beautiful, and Spring is gorgeous here. I just wish it wasn't trying to kill me slowly.

We are unpacked, the lawn is mowed, Izzy (the dog) was spayed on Tuesday.. seriously why did she have to come into heat the day after we got here! The kids love the neighborhood, and I totally fit in here, (minus the allergy thing).

The kids have been homesick.. so have I. But we are doing well. Love and miss you all.

11 comments:

sleepless in oasis said...

Good to see that you are getting settled! It won't take long to make new friends then you won't be so homesick.

Unknown said...

So glad you got there safely. We want pictures!!! I sure hope the allergies settle down soon. You will make friends fast I am betting. Keep us updated!

EarlGirl said...

It's good to hear from you! I've been checking a lot. I'm happy to hear you're doing well. Miss you too!

tharker said...

I've been wondering how you guys were doing. I'm glad that you are already starting to feel at home. Can't wait to hear more about your life in Indiana.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

We miss you back! Glad to hear things are going well.
We're moving too! Not as far as you are - just Seattle. Don't know when we'll all be going, but Aaron has to be there by June 23rd!
I hope you feel better soon - and I know you'll make friends superfast there - you always do.

Allison said...

This time difference is killing me! When I finally have a moment to call you're most likely sleeping! Arg. We'll get it figured out. Hang in there with the allergies...I hope they find the right meds to keep you comfortable, but not feeling high! :) Love and miss you!

Dawn said...

lee I am so glad that you guys are there and sounds like doing well. It's hard leaving family but it's always good knowing that you have a new family waiting to meet you in church. I hope the allergy's are nice to you while you are getting settled.

Jen said...

Sorry you had a tearful goodbye, but who wouldn't when leaving their family and going far away. You said you already had a visit planned so you can look forward to that! HOpefully it isn't too long for you. So glad you made it safe and sound and are all settled into your new house!! I hope your allergies get better for you! Can't wait to see pics!

MadMadameMim said...

So glad the drugs are kicking in and your breathing again. I am glad you fit in so well there and the kids are enjoying it. The home sickness will wear off, eventually. visiting will amke a big difference! love you and miss you! Indy is lucky to have you and your awesome fam!

Kim said...

Good to know that all is well. I hope you get the allergy thing figured out and that you can find that cord soon. I want to see some new pictures Indiana style!!

Heather said...

Yay! You are alive. I bet you totally fit in there, you fit in everywhere!