Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Start of Summer

Little Man just finished Kindergarten. In two months he will be in First Grade. That doesn't seem possible to me. How quickly he is growing up.
Little Miss turns 5 in just a few weeks. And in the fall she will be in Kindergarten. After this summer I won't have my lazy days with her. And the times to just snuggle. Not until next summer.

This summer I am going to take my time to enjoy the lazy days of summer. To look for the butterflies, catch worms, play at the park, blow bubbles, eat Popsicles and have fun. I am realizing how quickly they are growing up. The time passes too quickly. I want to sit at the pool and have fun. I want to capture the moments that we remember throughout our childhood.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Those are awesome plans. Cherish them while you can!

Can you hurry up and get here already???

Anonymous said...

ditto!! Next year will be 1st, K and 1/2 day preschool and only Samantha at home all day. Where does the time go?

Lisa Christine said...

Thank you for writing that. They are my thoughts EXACTLY. I will be doing the same things. Enjoying these moments with my children. In the fall my oldest starts school. We will lose our mornings of lounging in our jammies til 10:00 and waking up with nothing on the calendar. Capturing these carefree momories of childhood are priceless.

Cute pictures.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Next year will be my last year with Laurel before she starts Kindergarten - we're going to enjoy every minute of it!

smart mama said...

lap up all those delicious moments!

Amy said...

Love the pics. Hope you are having a great trip. Sure do miss your mad piano skills!

Amy Hughes

Sonja said...

Your kids are adorable! And it's so true, they grow too fast. I remember my kids as little newborns like it was yesterday and now they are crazy little monkeys with minds of their own. I have to remind myself to stop and enjoy the little moments, it's those things I will miss most when they are older and decide to rebel against hugs.