I am feeling the desire to decorate my home. Normally I shy away from decorating because I am not that great. It costs money, and if I am going to spend it I would rather spend it decorating my kids, my husband or myself. (clothing) I am 28 now, and I guess I am finally thinking it would be nice to decorate my home more than I have. To finish rooms instead of the half finished rooms I have done.
Last week I bought stuff to redo a room for Little Miss. It isn't quite done, the paint was purchased today, and hopefully in the next week or two her room will be pulled together and finished. My Mom convinced me to finish it, go all the way instead of my half like normal. Little Man is getting his room done too, though not as drastically as Little Miss.
My bathrooms are stark white. Well not all, but they need paint, and to look pretty. I need to pull my house together to make it look like a home. To bring in my sense of style, and I need to figure that out. I am looking at blogs for inspiration, like here, here, here and here. And many more.. but I am done linking. I am looking at websites to inspire me. I need great ideas, that are clean straight lines. And fun. And...??? I don't know.
I need inspiration. Things that are thrifty, because let's be real, I love to decorate myself and family way more than my house! And I want things that are kid friendly, movable friendly, (because I move a ton) and I want to my house to look awesome. I would love ideas.. tips.. and some inspiration.
Pretty Please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
How fun! You'll do great! Just go with your gut. I like to find one great piece for a room and build around it. It was that chair in my front room...it dictated my wall paint color and style of side table and sofa etc. Also, don't underestimate the use of paint...a very inexpensive way to give the right feel to a room. Remember painting your front room while Randy was gone? That was fun! I wish I could come help you paint again!
Sounds like a trip to IKEA is needed.
We are down for a trip whenever.
I just do what I like.
Paint is cheap and it's only paint. You can have a do over any time you need one...or two.
I suck at accesories.
And totally find a friend to paint/shop/whatever...makes it way better and they can stop you before you make the big mistakes (remember that wall in my living room I referred to as "great big stick of butter"?).
I don't have a clue how to decorate. Dh picked the paint for the master bedroom, the upstairs hallway area and the guest bedroom. The kids picked for their rooms (we promised them they could have whatever they wanted) and then dh placed all the pics up and they look great! Guess I could let him give you advice ;)
My big tip: Save up for the things that you really love. Don't settle for cheap/low quality/not quite right things, just because you want it finished. You won't be completely pleased with the results and will be in the same predicament in a couple of years [if not sooner.] I think a home should be decorated in layers over time.
p.s. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of Little Miss's space. I'm sure it will be darling.
I love Danyelle's advice to you. And I need to take it for myself. My master bedroom is blah...nothing special. And I long for the day when I can make it beautiful and cozy. But I haven't had the money to invest in it ( nobody see's it but me and Donald, so I always want to put money in the more public rooms first). But someday I will save up and turn it into my vision. It might not be for a few years...but it will be perfect when it happens. And I think I will appreciate it more because I waited for it and waited to do it the right way.
Have fun decorating. I can't wait to see what you do!
Paint makes a huge difference... it's probably just what you need to feel like everything is put together. Get familiar with the color wheel and pick some really fun accent colors to the accessories you've already got! And take a chance on the color - don't do boring tans. :P
Your dd's room is going to be SO. CUTE. I can't wait to see pics!!!!!!
I also look through lots of mags and design books to get my juices flowing... I don't like to copy exactly, but put my twist on really great ideas.
Post a Comment