Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Showers

March Winds, bring April Showers, which bring May Flowers.

I remember this when I was a kid. And rarely as a kid did April Showers amount too much. It was maybe half an inch all month long. We normally had a lot of wind.. and little rain. If any at all. I always wondered where the rain was. Did anyone get it?

Today I sit here listening to the rain bucketing on my house, my yard, my plants, the street. We are on day four of straight rain. Some people are over the rain. But I am totally digging the rain. I planted tons of new plants in my flower beds in hope that my yard will be beautiful. We planted a ton of new grass seed in our lawn. Hoping to bring it back to a gorgeous green, and to get rid of the millions of pee spots in our yard. Hoping to fill in the trail my lovely dogs have formed, and to have a yard that is beautiful.

Little Miss today prayed that the rain would stop. I don't want it to stop. I would like for it to be nice for the kids to play outside. But I love listening to the rain. I love seeing the vibrant greens amongst the grey and dreary sky. I love how the rain smells. (Not that I can smell, but I remember the smell.) I love how clean the earth looks after a nice rain storm. I have been looking forward to Spring since last Fall. I couldn't wait for the rain and the thunderstorms to move in.

Today I am grateful for April Showers. And I cannot wait for May Flowers!

2 comments:

amanda said...

You are always so upbeat. I thought that somewhere in this post you would complain about the season bringing out your horrible allergies but no--you are just grateful. I need you to rub off on me:)
Thanks for the phone call today and sorry for the earful you got (I'm sure you wish you hasn't called:) but it meant a lot to me. You are always so sweet.
Let's get together sometime before you leave. Or at least when you get back and before I leave.

Lisa Christine said...

I agree....I LOVE the sound of rain. I especially love it on the days where I don't have any errands to run and I can just stay all cozy in the house all day.