I like to have my children help in embarrassing me.
This past week we went out to dinner at Logan's. A nice family night out, we were all happy. Little Miss had to use the restroom. Off we go. She wants me in the stall with her, and goes in the only stall and is going to the bathroom before I can even lock the door. Oh wait. The door didn't lock. So I tried but it stayed closed, but the lock was broken. I stood there keeping it closed and then I figured since I was there, I might as well go to. (Seriously who blogs about going to the bathroom?)
I told Little Miss, the door doesn't lock. Don't touch it, don't go out, it will stay closed. I thought I had presented a great explanation. But evidently she wasn't listening. Or she just likes to embarrass her Mom. You be the judge. She leaned against the door. An open it flew. Wide open. With me, sitting on the toilet. While several pairs of eyes landed on me. Sitting there helpless. And frantically telling her to close the door, and thinking why are all these people staring at me?? I would look away. But they just stared for what seemed like an eternity. (Okay maybe it was 20 seconds.) Little Miss closed the door, and looked at me, and was all Sorry Mom. Oh gee, thanks sweet heart. I am glad you are sorry.
And then I laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You will now always remember that day at Logan's. Very Funny!!!!
Glad you can laugh. That's the kind of thing I can laugh at later, but in the moment I'm mortified.
Oh, my! I can just hear your laugh!
Post a Comment