Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tea Party 2009

Yesterday I drove to downtown Indianapolis. As I drove and saw the protesters, read the signs, my eyes welled up with tears. I was not alone. There were others who believe as I do. Thousands of them actually. All united. All supporting one another. All wanting to be heard. All there to be peaceful, but to make a stand. I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. My heart was thankful for the Constitution that was so divinely inspired by our Founding Fathers. I am grateful for the Declaration of Independence. Grateful for our rights. Our right to Freedom of Speech. And grateful I was taking the opportunity to take a stand in something I feel so strongly on.

This is what I saw. A sea of thousands of people. Holding signs. Holding flags. Cheering.
Randy was a volunteer, and was busy selling flags. He looked pretty hot while he was doing it.

And he was taking his job quite serious. He sold hundreds of flags. (But who wouldn't want to buy from him?)


The kids and I held signs and made our statements known.



Little Man and Little Miss were happy to hold signs, wave flags, and do their part to protest.
I hope that the local state leaders heard us. And that they will listen to us. I hope that those in Washington heard us also. I pray that they will listen. That they will realize it isn't an Us VS Them thing. It is about the future of our country. What we are handing off to our children. We want them to know how to work. We don't want them to be handed over a trillion dollars of debt. We want them to grow up in the USA we grew up in.
I love my Country. I cannot sing the Star Spangled Banner without tears in my eyes. I love our freedoms. This is the Country where dreams can come true. I want this country to be what is was on 9/12. They day we united, we stood as one. The day everyone believe in America.

5 comments:

Melodee said...

Woot! Woo! Great job Lee!! God Bless Americca.

Allison said...

You rock! Looks like it was a lot of fun. My sister went to one in Phoenix...cool to see both demonstrations so far away from each other, but both with thousands of Americans standing for the same thing. Way to go!

Lisa said...

i couldnt wait to see this post. i agree their is a great sense of peace in realize that we are not alone, that thousands believe the same thing :).

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Way to be! I love that you had your kids involved. You are a great mom and patriot!

MadMadameMim said...

Yeah, your's was so much bigger than ours, but then so is your city :). Great job going ad volunteering. You guys are awesome!