Monday, May 18, 2009

It Was Magical!

Monday morning we woke up at seven. Little Man was unsure if we were really going to Disney World. He wanted to believe it.. but didn't want his hopes up. We quickly ate cereal bars and applied our sunscreen and then we were off to the bus to be at Magic Kingdom early. The kids started to get really excited on the bus. But even more excited when we were at Magic Kingdom. We arrived thirty minutes early so we could wait in line.. and then beat the crowds. And I was just really excited to start the fun!

Here the kids are waiting. Little Miss didn't like the sun. She just closed her eyes a lot. It makes me giggle.
And a picture with Mom.
And with Dad. They are getting sick of pictures already.
And then our awesome family picture. You could tell the kids really cared. It was nice to have strangers help us out so we could remember this fun day!

The kids were so excited to get in the park. We started out in Futureland. We rode Buzz and then this ride. Which I don't remember the name of. But it was fun. Randy opted out. Something about getting sick.. puking.. going in circles. Little Man was thrilled to ride this ride all by himself.

Little Miss and I rode the ride together. She was excited.

And evidently I loved this ride. Who knew? But check out that excitement. Seems genuine to me.

And then we went to the Speedway. The kids were super excited for this ride. They were going to get to drive.


Little Man was serious about his job as driver.








Little Miss loved driving.

And I think I look a little scared. Is this my future face in 11 years.

After all of that excitement we went to the Winnie the Pooh ride. The kids liked it. Little Miss more than Little Man.


And then we rode Snow White. Do you think he liked it? Not so much.

Little Miss however loved every minute of it. Notice she no longer has sunglasses on. Yes it was dark.. but she had them on her shirt in line for this ride and ran into a bar. They promptly broke in two. She was devastated.
And then we went to Peter Pan. Little Miss loved riding with her Daddy. The ride was fun.
Randy was snapping pictures of Little Man and I. He enjoyed this ride much more than Snow White.
If you look close our eyes are all glowy. It is creepy.. but it makes me giggle.
After all of that fun we went to Thunder Mountain Railroad. The kids loved it. I loved it. Randy loved it. And then we had to check out Splash Mountain. Little Miss was a little nervous about the big drop. But one time on it the kids were hooked. We bounced between Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad and loving every minute. The kids were even brave enough to ride together, leaving Randy and I to sit next to each other. It was one of those moments that I loved as Mom. I loved seeing my kids running hand in hand to rides, waiting in line together and enjoying having a sibling. They were best friends. It was Magical.
And then we were off to Pirates of the Caribbean. They have changed it since I last rode it eight years ago in Disneyland. They have Captain Jack Sparrow in it. He looks real. The kids loved the ride. Little Man loved all of the pirate stuff! He loved it so much we have a whole pirate set to play with.


And then we rode the Jungle Cruise. It was a nice relaxing break. Our tour guide made us laugh. Made our kids nervous.


It was hot. Little did we know it would be the coolest day of our trip. The kids enjoyed the sprinkler park and cooled themselves off.


By the end they were both soaked.. and happy. I was jealous. But a 28 year old playing in the sprinklers would look a little odd. And I didn't want to walk around that wet for the rest of the day. So I dealt with it.

The kids saw the Magic Carpet and were super excited to go on it. Little Miss sat in the back alone. She was excited. And Little Man decided it would be okay to ride with Mom. But he was in charge of the controls.

We went back to ride Buzz Light year again. I love how excited they are to do this together this time. Mom and Dad were not invited to ride with them. It reminded me of hanging out with my brother when I was a kid. He was my favorite person to do anything with.


The kids loved shooting the targets and trying to defeat Zurg.
We walked out and had our first character greeting. We had already ridden Stitch's Great Escape and the kids wanted to capture him. But quickly decided that hugs and pictures were just fine. We weren't doing autograph books so the kids were quick, they got a picture and were happy as could be.


We went to Toontown, rode the Coaster bought each of the kids a hat and had it sent to our room and jumped on the train. We were tired. It was hot. And we needed to rest our feet. At least Randy and I did.
See we look tired. Or at least I do.
We rode the train back to Splash Mountain. It refreshed us. And then we were up for more rides. I convinced my kids to ride on the Haunted Mansion. They weren't so keen but I told them to try just once. They look thrilled right? They did great. No crying. No screaming. They didn't love it. They didn't want to go again. But it wasn't THAT scary. Right? Right.

The kids were very excited to ride Dumbo. We waited until the lines were short and waited just a few minutes and we were on. I had to sit on the outside. I think they worry little kids will jump out or something.


Little Man was proud to ride alone. He felt so big. The kids loved Dumbo!




And finalyl we finished our day on the teacups. It was fun. It was wonderful. We spun as fast as we could until we felt like we might just puke. Randy stayed off and captured this picture which I love. He wouldn't go. Something about puking.. spinning.. getting real sick.
The Magic Kingdom was Magical. We loved every minute. From the time it opened until right before it closed. We played non-stop. It was wonderful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm jealous. Next time will you take me too?

Misty said...

Too bad her glasses broke. I liked them!

Lisa Christine said...

Magical! Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful pictures! I almost feel like I was there too...almost...

Jen said...

This totally reminds me of the first time we took our kids to Disney...we surprised them and we all had such an awesome time! SOOOOOO FUN! Thanks for sharing.

Sara said...

Peter Pan is my VERY favorite! I can't wait to see the rest. . . .

Beth said...

i am so glad you had such a great time. and we finally have pictures of the woman behind the camera!

MadMadameMim said...

making me really really jealous is an art with you. An art you just keep perfecting ;)

Allison said...

oh, that makes me so happy for you! Having just been there I could still feel all the excitement and fun! Let's go together next time, want to?